• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the way you kiss me will work each time // Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

His tongue against her skin makes her tremble in a way that she has never known, triggering a wave of anticipation laced with a cool shiver. She is too young to know what she wants, or what any of this is. Even with her blue skin flush against his own, with his heart beating against her chest and his breath in her ear, she doesn’t understand why it makes her pulse race in a different way; not the butterfly-flutter he usually incited, but something stronger, hungrier.

For all of her unbridled desire, she is still, in fact, just a young girl. His teeth breaking her skin, his warm tongue against the blood that paints her roan coat, it leaves something lit and burning inside of her, but she is too naive to fully take control of it. And so she settles for this, for being curled as close as possible, her lips exploring the lines of his muscles, memorizing the shape and feel of him. Because she doesn’t know if it — if they — will last; if someone more enchanting will catch his eye, like before. She swallows her doubt, pushes it away to some secret corner of her heart, and lets herself believe that right now, they belong to each other.

Her reverie is broken when he stumbles, her muscles coiling tight as she bears his weight for a brief moment. ”Rhae?” The concern in her voice and her eyes is unmistakable, touching her muzzle to his neck as she cautiously pushes him upright. His eyes are glassy and blurred, and she ignores his slurred statement about her bloody shoulder — that he had inflicted just moments before — instead carefully brushing his forelock away from his vision. As she does so, her lips skim his forehead, and there is alarm that settles into the lines of her already worried face as she says, ”Your fever...you’re too hot.”  He needed a healer; she knew this, but watching the way he teeters so precariously, she is afraid to leave him in order to find one.

”I’m going to try something, okay? Just...don’t get too close.” She takes a step back as she says this, but watches him anxiously, afraid that he will fall. Slowly, the air around her begins to grow colder; invisible except for perhaps the faintest fog curling and billowing around her. She steps forward a fraction, letting only the bare minimum of the barrier to cool the air that is closest to him, but never allowing constant contact; her gift was not meant to inflict damage, but pressing into it for a prolonged period would likely cause frostbite. She isn’t sure if it will work, but she can only hope that the coolness of the aura somehow manages to bring relief to his dangerously high fever. But when she looks at him, with icy air swirling around her, she can feel her heart clenching with fear that perhaps it was too late.

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the way you kiss me will work each time // Chryseis - by Chryseis - 12-07-2018, 05:21 PM