• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Long May She Reign -[Bane]

Mary
    She had not seen Bane for what seemed like a year, and in that time so much has changed. Lepis had was still the queen of Sylva, still with her father, her father was...alive and the plague was not around. The plague was still fresh, and things were still chaotic, but it was calmer than it had been. She craved the crown of Sylva, what was rightfully hers, but her bastard father passed it onto Sinner. Sinner noted that if she could smooth things over with Bane, than she would strengthen her claim for queen, the partnership between the pair.

She enters the Pampas as if it was her own kingdom, her father and Bane may have not gotten along, but she only hoped he would not hold it against her. She did not fear the other kingdom members of Loess that may be lurking the Pampas, and most importantly, perhaps the two kingdoms could smooth over the tension, combining as one once again.

Mary found it interesting that Bane had not visited Sylva yet, but perhaps the death of Arthas calmed his worries. And surely he was busy with the plague, and who knows what else was going on. The mare raised her head and allowed a whinny to escape her maw, a grin tugging at her lips as she pranced through the new land that the faeries formed. It had been some time since she had seen the handsome king, she was older, and better looking than the last time he had seen her, and surely he would have grown as well. She could only think about all that has changed, and wonder if Bane would be accepting in tying the kingdoms together once again.

Long May She Reign

@[Wolfbane]

My dreams have all come true

That familiar call - heard often when she was a rambunctious foal and then less and less as she grew - came sauntering over the high ridges and low, grass-swept valleys of a springtime Pampas, meeting Bane’s upturned ears and lending the Loess Lord a hesitant, if not appreciative, glance in the direction whence it came.

@[Mary] came into his field of vision, a mare grown and fleshed out but somehow not entirely herself. As he cantered through the lush expanse of blooming flora, nearing her to see four lovely legs dancing and kicking with life, Wolfbane exchanged his apprehension for mild joy instead. This was Mary after all, daughter of two horses he’d come to know very well and still (even as a picture of womanly grace) the girl who’d grown up in the shadows of Kings and Queens. For her sake Bane couldn’t find it within himself to hold her father’s transgressions against her, even if her loyalty remained to Sylva and the hellhound who’d taken the crown she might so earnestly believe to be her own. He saw potential if nothing else - a slender thread that could prove to link the chain he and Arthas had constructed and then broken in the heat of masculine anger.

That was, of course, as long as she proved to be more capable than her father before her.

“Mary, please … do us stallions a favor and stop growing into such a lovely creature.” Her elder teases, the glint of an overcast sun peeking out from the clouds to illuminate the healthy, youthful sheen of his own striped coat. By all accounts he should be nearing five himself, growing fatter and settling into his bones, and that much (except for the healthy trim of fat) seemed true. Bane looked infinitely well, along with the truth that he felt infinitely perfect.

Whatever Rey had gifted him in their odd exchange wouldn’t begin to show for another handful of years but the fact remained: he was immortal, and his body was striving to constantly heal and mend itself, even when he went for a simple jog through the countryside. “I’m glad to see you.” The pegasus admitted openly, slowing down to approach and wrap his thick neck around her own in a brief, gripping hug, “But you look too thin for your own good. Are you feeling well?” He asked the pale female, stepping back to appraise her once more.

He was certain something was off. Maybe it was the brotherly concern he had for her, or the strange intuition of a shepherd who’d always been attentive of his flock, but something about her itched at the back of his skull. Whether she liked it or not, Bane was already set on calling @[Noah] to come by and heal Mary if she could, before the aspiring beauty left here.

Much better to be safe than sorry.

Like all good nightmares do

[Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Mary

His yellow and blue striped body cantered through the lush field, her eyes happily watching him. He was always easy on the eyes, and perhaps that why she did not mind making the trip to visit him, for 'diplomatic' reasons. Do us stallions a favor and stop growing into such a lovely creature he teased her, she had not been feeling the best but she could not let that get her down. She flicks her pelt from its original dapple shade to match his, yellow with blue stripes, But what fun would that be? she asks as she circles him, her gaze eyeing him up and down. He was still a young equine, but he had certainly filled out since the last time they met, his body was more broad and his muscles more defined. His pelt looked like velvet damn Bane she thought to herself, a fine looking equine, that is for sure.

As her circle ended she stops and looks for his gaze, a raspy cough escaped her maw. She must have contracted the damn plague, hopefully this was all that would come of it, she danced with the devil, and he kissed her with a disease. Though her body ached she tried her best to put on a strong face, I'm glad to see you he says and she nods her head in response. Likewise, you look well, but then again, when don't you a laugh escaped her maw, and she glanced around to ensure they were alone. She could only imagine Lepis' reaction should she hear that Mary was flirting with Bane, but what mare wouldn't?

She tried her best to hide her illness, but he saw right through it, you look too thin for your own good, are you feeling well? He inquires about her health, her body had quickly lost muscle since she fell sick, eating was hard and unless she was starving it was easier to skip a meal. I think I contracted the plague... she admits, the Pampas was safe and even if she carried it, she could not pass it on to Bane. She knew exactly what he was going to say, he would want to help her, and though he admires it she came for other reasons.

I am sure you heard of my fathers passing? I am sad I did not see you at the funeral a grin tugged at her maw, Sinner is the new ruler, we are.....unlike my father. She admits, although she was not in love with Lepis, she never had someone to cause a feud like she had between the two. Would you still want to tie our kingdoms together? Like they were once before? Strength is in numbers, perhaps one of the few things her father said that she agreed with, and wit the plague dwelling beqanna, now was the time to come together as one.

Long May She Reign

@[Wolfbane] <3

Youth has fled her body, apparently her mind as well. There’s always been a distinct side to Mary that reminded the Loessian stallion of her mother, in body and speech alike, but just as distinct as those characteristics were it was also painfully obvious how much of Arthas still controlled her actions. That she was dutiful to her kingdom spoke volumes, and that she would risk coming here to smooth over painful wounds (even as sickness plagued her) swayed Bane’s opinion even more.

“I didn’t want to disturb the memory of your father in his resting place. What happened between us was horrible - even through the bitter anger I hated the decree of banishment,” He admits freely, leaning to one side before the drifting curtain of his bleached tail swept over his flanks, “It should’ve ended differently. Either way it’s done, and I’d prefer to keep the memory of your father as a fighter, not an enemy.” He chuckles deeply, softly.

In truth it shouldn’t have happened to begin with. After he and Lepis had shattered each other’s expectations Bane had wanted to travel across the borders and free himself of the burden, come clean. Lepis had made it clear, however, that the battle was hers to fight, so Wolfbane had respected her wishes and seen the righteousness of it. Unfortunately, Arthas hadn’t.

“I see nothing but a mutual benefit from Sylva and Loess tying themselves together again.” The drake shrugs, his cheshire smile widening at the thought of dealing extensively with Sinner. To himself he thinks over how Mary had coined the term “we” when it came to describing the new leadership of the autumn forest. She must be in league with the Hellhound, then. That might be best, He considers thoughtfully, seeing the possibility of Mary’s rule a point for Loess’ side, along with it being a clear link between himself and a creature who didn’t like no for an answer. “Stay until you’re healed and then feel free to return to Sinner with the news. Tell him I’ll be by shortly to speak more in-depth about things, if you could.”

@[Mary] I’m pretty sure Devin is on away, but you could always PM her about Noah OOC healing Mary??

Mary

He talks about the memory of her father, not wanting to disturb it. How there falling out was 'horrible' and he hated there fight. She wonders what would have happened had her father not of died, would the pair have fixed there relationship? Sure there were plenty of equines who liked him.....but more who didn't, surely his visit to the beach would not have been detrimental. Did he know that Arthas forgave him? She wonders how exactly the pair grew so close, but that was a conversation for another day, today she was here solely for business.

She only nods her head in response to her father, he was an honorable stallion, even if she did not like him. The two butted heads, but at the end of the day he always protected her (and sometimes to much). She mentions how Sinner was crowned the new king, and asked about rejoining the two kingdoms, like they were once before.

He took a moment to ponder the offer, but after a few breaths he responds. Her ears perk forward as he answers, I see nothing but mutual benefit, tying themselves together again. A grin tugged at her lips as his words hit her ears, this was exactly as she hoped, the best outcome possible.

A grin of his own appeared on his maw, and she could only wonder what he was thinking. But when he speaks again he talks about her health, she gives a playful role of her eyes as he talks about waiting until she was healed to return to Sylva. She had to get back to Sinner! She had to tell him of the great news! But perhaps she would return the next day, to see this healer that he speaks of.

She nods her head gently once more What is the name of your healer? I will seek her out in a few days she says, blatantly avoiding the fact that she would leave immediately after there conversation. Oh, and Bane she says, her gaze looking for his. How has Loess been? How have you been? He did not look infected, she wonders how his kingdom was holding up. Were his members moving to new kingdoms, as new equines came in? She only wondered how Loess had been holding up, how has the strength of Loess held up?

Long May She Reign

@[Wolfbane] Ok<3 I will PM Devin<3

He’s made her happy, then. As surprising as it was for Sinner to want repairs so quickly after Arthas’ passing, it surprises him even more that Mary is eager to move ahead with her own plans and leave the past where it belonged: behind her. “Her name is Noah - she leads Brilliant Pampas as well, if Sinner is interested in gaining her trust. She may not be as easy to sway though …” He warns the excited mare, thoughts drifting back to when they’d all gathered here after the disaster. Mary hadn’t been present then, but Noah had staunchly took her place beside Wolfbane with the intention of placing her trust in Loess. He wonders if the color-changing female is aware of this.

Of course, Mary’s wish to simply be on her way is understandable. She asks about the kingdom they both left behind and without changing his overall demeanor, Bane answers her in a very concise, guarded manner. “Loess is right where she needs to be and the rest of us are here, gathering in safety.” He smiles, shaking a blue-gold head to rid himself of gathering insects. The pegasus stallion flew overtop the empty land as often as he could manage, sometimes daily and other times once a week. Pteron and Lepis deserved his full attention so they took precedence over other things, like they should, but every now and then he or his mate would slip away leaving the other to guard their precious fledging boy.

“Which reminds me - Lepis and I welcomed our first foal this season. She gave birth to a healthy colt, named Pteron. Maybe after he grows a bit we can both come by to visit and see how things are in the Forest?” The striped horse considers aloud, ears stretching upright to express his excitement over talk of his son.

@[Mary]

Mary
    The falling out between Bane and her father was a shame, but she had no time to linger on it. It was not her problems, and the disbanding of Loess and Sylva did not benefit either kingdoms, and so her sole mission was to be able to link the two together once more.

Her mission was successful, though she wanted to run back to Sinner it only seemed right to inquire about Wolfbane and Loess. To her surprise, this was worth putting off Sinner, at first he introduces there healer, Noah, and notes that she leads the Pampas and Sinner should try to befriend her, though it may not be easy. Mary nods her head in response Well I will look for her in hopes to help me out...and I will represent Sylva, hopefully she will like me better than the hound a gentle laugh escapes her maw as she pokes fun at Sinner. She enjoyed his company, but he was emotionless, a great king, but he was hard to connect with. It did not bother her though, she was not looking for love, just her crown.

Next he mentions Loess, that the kingdom is doing well, that they are gathering safely. A small smile tugs at her lips I am glad to hear that Bane, Sylva fairs similarly, in fact a few new members have gathered since the plague. Loess seems to have found shelter in the Pampas, though Sylva remains in there home, the plague will not run them from there own home.

And lastly, the most interesting of news, Bane and Lepis welcomed a foal this season. Her eyes grew wide as she learns of the news, quickly forcing her body to relax Pteron she says. Bane notes after he grows a bit coming and visiting the kingdom and Mary responds with a nod of her head Yes, I would love to meet the little guy. I am sure he is just as charming as you Bane she glances a wink at the king before offering a dip of her head. I am glad to hear you and Loess are striving still, I am also glad we were able to repair our kingdoms and look forward to seeing more of you. Though I must head back home, report back to Sinner, I will see you around Bane. She offers departing words to the yellow and blue stallion, gently flicking her tail against his pelt as she passes him heading home to her forest.

Long May She Reign

@[Wolfbane] <3