• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris ||
    Briella
    your eyes are lined in pain, black tears don't hide in rain

Wolfbane is no enigma to her, no great puzzle: nor some riddle to be solved- he is simple a man whose wings stretch and hooves touch upon the ground. He stands and speaks, eyes her with deadly fixation and quietly she stares back.

Aware of the sensation from Dovev’s touch, from the closeness of how he holds her- but more so aware of the way Brazen responds and Briella huffs into her neck gently- a fondness for the girl. Though for a split second she breaks away if only to stay near Dagen, the brave boy- eager and impatient. Briella’s pale eyes locking onto Wolfbane as she opens her mouth, slow and soft: her voice feminine and bearing an accent far older than she was.

Briella spoke as if she had been born and numbered among the chamber. “I’m your Aunt.” she states clearly and purposefully. Her ears pinning back and the blonde waves floating idly on a breeze as she tilts her head.

To Vulgaris, she looks- the child with him a curiosity and et? She ruffles Dagen’s own hair, attempting to bring him closer to herself and even Dovev and Brazen- contented to whisper at the boy (“Sssh, he doesn’t know…”).

Once more beside Dovev she places herself without fear or hesitation- firmly on the ground and watching the older men with an impossible stony countenance that bore an expression of sheer observation and faint warmth.

To her father, Dovev, she reaches up- brushing his jaw and chuckling a moment as she lingers.

“Briella,” she pauses. “My name is Briella.”

Had she been any other woman, she might have known true fear and alarm at discovering her children were not where they should be. Of course, had she been any other woman, she may not have had the resources to find them so easily. No, it is certainly not any sort of dread she is feeling as she steps through the portal in to the Pampas.

It is fury.

She had gone from Nerine to Ischia with Ether’s aid, where Dovev had meant to take the twins and Briella. Instead she had found the island devoid of any of them. And when she had discovered where it is they had gone instead, her fury had been mitigated only the faintest hint by relief. At the very least, she could be confident they would have been relatively safe.

Of course, they would’ve been perfectly safe if not for an idiotic pissing match that should never have occurred in the first place. She would’ve been perfectly content to keep her nose out of it, had they not decided to involve her children, however inadvertently it might have been.

She interrupts the group with barely a thought, her blue gaze (hard and clearly displeased) resting briefly on Wolfbane before settling on Vulgaris. She would deal with her grandson later. She knows exactly where the blame for this incident rests.

“What would possess you to think stealing children has become acceptable?” she questions, her icy tone deceptively neutral. For a man who proclaimed to love his family, he seemed to have little regard for their safety. Had they been anyone else, she would not have stopped to ask questions first. And only a fool would believe her incapable of protecting her own, even if it meant slaughtering those who threatened them.

Or gaining retribution against those who had harmed them. The plague that ravages Beqanna even now stands testament to just how far she would go. But Wolfbane is her family too, and that fact alone stays her hand. It would certainly not stop her from informing him of what an idiot he is, however. Had he wanted them here, he might have simply asked.

“You might consider keeping better control of your subjects Wolfbane,” she advises cooly, attention shifting to the blue and gold stallion. “Unless, of course, it is your intention to invite war.”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He watches with something of mischievous contentment behind his eyes, gaze lazily drifting to Dagen when he explains that Dovev is their father. Vulgaris briefly wonders if he would ever bring Adna and Sabbath along if he had been stolen and Leliana was nowhere close, but he thinks that the girls would follow him regardless. They inherited his stubborn nature and the thirst for adventure he had as a child, much to his dismay. But the roles are not reversed and he can remain easily amused at the turn of events for now.

But then Wolfbane speaks and he tilts his head at the intolerance of the children’s presence. Was he simply trying to push buttons? Sabbath furrows her brows in confusion at all the words and glances up at Vulgaris, noting the corners of his lips still coiled into a comfortable grin. Her emerald eyes drift back to the king as she listens carefully to the issue at hand. But Dovev answers only Vulgaris instead, which summons a light laugh from the depths of his broad chest.

I don’t really mind either way, but I’m not the authority on that matter,” he answers with a light shrug before casting a glance to Wolfbane once more. Perhaps it could be fun to let the hordes of children gather here in the safety of the Pampas, he thinks. He certainly couldn’t allow his girls to make new friends at the playground as they might have before, so this strange scenario offered a good opportunity to bring their childish games and antics here for now. But he says none of this. He’s not one to make demands of his friend.

Both pairs of sage green eyes turn to Brazen when she speaks up, demanding respect. Sabbath blinks and searches the other girl’s face, examining her anger eagerly. But there is a new face of anger to pick apart shortly after, an older woman scowling and seething as she approaches. The tiny girl presses tighter to her father’s side but he simply leans down to kiss her forehead.

You are greater than any enemy you might face, Sabbath. You have no reason to fear,” he reassures her in a soft whisper. She nods slowly, but remains tucked against him all the same. It will take time to forge her confidence, he knows. His gaze returns to Heartfire, still smiling and entirely thrilled with how things continue to unfold for him.

No one stole any children, but you may assume all that you like. They’re free to leave with you just as they’re welcome to stay. Perhaps you would have preferred if we demanded Dovev abandon them?” he asks, glancing at Wolfbane with a shrug. His grin blooms to a full smile when she mentions war though and he tries to stifle his delight just a bit. He knows very well that she is no queen and has no power to declare war, as much as she might stomp her feet and yell.

Dovev is also free to leave the moment he apologizes to Leliana. Two little words and your family is all on their way back to.. where ever you’re going,” he says, pointed teeth all glimmering. Sabbath watches him, intrigued by this side of her father as he stands tall in the face of the angry woman. She supposes that only her mother could make him wilt or hang his head in shame.
    @[Wolfbane] is next, i think? sorry if i'm wrong!!

Dovev, Dovev, Dovev … A name that’s built itself into infamy but still finds itself here, in the Pampas, as a captive and forced underneath the scrutiny of those he now openly mocked. Bane finds that he’s humorously enamored with the reaction from his relatives - each one so different and yet similar! They are Heartfire’s children, surely, and Dovev is a proud claimant to their blood as well. He seems graced with a large, gaping mouth and a particular inclination to use that mouth like others used their assholes.

Yes, his decision to ask Briella to leave had been on purpose, but it garners the answers to several question Wolfbane hadn’t wanted to ask aloud because he doubted Dovev was one for much pleasant talk. He knew that by pushing instead of prodding, the animal Dovev claimed to be would rear its head in anger to lash out, just like it’d done when Vulgaris had confronted the bony stallion at the river and just like Heartfire had warned when the Loessian and his Champion later traveled to Nerine.

What that anger exposes are facts: Dovev is a father and Bane understands now how important these children are to him. He’s arrogant, (he has reason to be) but he underestimates what stands against him, even in the face of captivity. He’s prone to mistakes and some day it’ll cost him. Just not today. Bane smiles quietly to himself and observes how the bone-armored stallion avoids his gaze (scared, perhaps?) before jerking down to look at the youngest girl. Brazen gets the tongue - Wolfbane sticks it right out into the open, playfully taunting her threat while crossing his eyes - before his attention directs itself back to Briella.

“And I'm a monkey's uncle.” He barks sarcastically, smirking. Heartfire should have told her lot just how little he cared for family relations these days … everyone in this damn world was related to everyone else.

His luck is in swing though, since the aforementioned mare and the true focus of this steal (at least for him) arrives to take the spotlight. What she says is directed towards the gilded, blue-striped pegasus but in the same manner Dovev had so callously avoided him, Wolfbane stays pleasantly quiet and laughs eagerly along with Vulgaris’ ready reply. Honestly, he couldn’t have put it better himself; Bane catches the sideways glare from his Viperous right-hand and only shakes his head. Theatrics, that was all Heartfire could provide at this point and her grandson could see this conversation was reaching a quick end.

“Are you worried Dovev couldn’t handle the situation and your brood, grandmere?” He feigns surprise, “Or do I and my friends scare you that much?” He asks a bit more seriously, humor draining along with his patience. The roan woman had no reason to come here if she trusted him (like she should) and even less reason to wag her tongue while claiming the ability to bring war down on their shoulders. “Don’t be senseless.” He warns her casually, sighing afterwards before flicking his eyes over the gathering one last time.

“Briella needs to meet with Noah or be healed if she wants to stay, that’s an order. This home isn’t mine but it’s mine to keep safe. I’ll do exactly that in whatever manner I deem appropriate, regardless of how anyone feels about it. Otherwise you heard Vulgaris. He made the steal so his demands should be met and if not, then your mate can make himself comfortable for the remainder of the year.” The edict goes, no longer brightened by a smile or lightened by a gentle tone. “You and I -” He says, frowning disappointingly towards Heartfire, “- we need to talk. Privately. I’ll give you time but not forever.”

And that was it. Despite they way they’d treated him, Bane breathes in the scent of acrid hate from across the divide of horses and finds that he can’t harbor that same hate against them. He’d expected them to act this way, after all, and they’d exceeded his expectations when it came to keeping things interesting.

If anything, they’d brought some fresh action to a quiet herdland.

King of Loess : Leader of the Southlands

Wolfbane

[Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

She's got the devil's eyes

The viper does not disappoint. She had not expected him to cower beneath her well-contained irritation. His rash ego and derisive amusement is readily apparent as he speaks, holding true to what she knows of the man. Rather than setting her off as he might have expected however, it cools her ire, her features settling into impassive lines as she lifts one equine brow as his rather heedless statement. It is curious that he would accuse her of making assumptions when he was doing a rather great job of it himself. As though she could not see exactly what had occurred through any one of the eyes that had been present. But then, she supposes he would not have been aware of that.

“Do you truly believe you would have a prisoner here if you had?” she asks mildly, though her tone clearly indicates the rhetorical nature of the question. If they did believe it, then they had underestimated Dovev as much as they underestimate her. Still, she has little desire to correct their estimation. She has no interest in stoking her ego, and if they chose to believe her spineless and powerless and without influence, that was there prerogative.

She has no need to prove herself to either of them. She may be unwilling to harm her grandson, but she is not foolish enough to believe he has any great attachment to her. She had always been very good a hiding how much she truly cares, and this is no exception. Besides, it might behoove her to have the lot of them believing her less powerful than she truly is one day.

It’s always so much easier if they aren’t prepared for it.

Turning her attention to the blue and gold stallion, she eyes him passively as he too makes rather wild assumptions. Her expression remains unchanging as she studies him, and when he makes his rather bald ending statement, one corner of lips twitch faintly. As though she is amused. “Am I being senseless?” she asks impassively. After a moment of silence, she continues, eyes never wavering from his. “If you or your friends scared me, they would already be dead.”

It seems there are some pieces of her that had survived in her granson after all. And if he could mince words anywhere near as well as she had learned to do, he could pick apart her sentences. He could read between the lines.

But then, there is plenty of his grandfather in him too. She can see that as well, even if he could not.

She smiles then, faintly, but genuine nonetheless. They were done here, it seems. And she had added all she cared to. “I will find you when I have a moment.” Breaking away then, she steps closer to her children, nose gently touching each in turn, even Briella, as she removes her attention from the tense scene. Perhaps they might even believe her distracted.

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

I figured I'd just wrap this up since we have so many new things happening now XD