• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris ||
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He watches over Sabbath as she snaps her little teeth at a field mouse, chasing it all the way to its burrow. It’ll be some time before she’s coordinated enough to actually catch anything but she does her best for now. Vulgaris had to hide his smile when she looks back at him, eyes wide and eager for some sort of wisdom as to what she could have done better. He moves closer and kisses her temple warmly before moving on toward the border of Pampas. The girl snorts in agitation and scurries forward to keep up with her father’s long strides. The summer sun glistens off their scales and her bright eyes try to pick out whatever it is he’s watching.

We’ll try to hunt more later, Sabie. Now it’s time to practice our words,” he explains as he glances down at her. She nods excitedly and grins as she spots the strangers heading their way. There, just as Vulgaris had described, is the skeleton man with a couple of his own children and a taller girl. His eyes examine each of the children briefly before focusing on their father with something of a satisfied grin.

Welcome to the Brilliant Pampas. This is Sabbath,” he says, gesturing to the small red girl hiding behind his shoulder. Her sage green eyes roam from each face to the next, occasionally glancing up at the circling Wolfbane in anticipation of his landing. So many new faces made her feel so small and outnumbered. Vulgaris remains calm, however, and he nudges her lightly until she steps forward to offer a little nervous nod of her head. “Sabbath, this is Dovev. He’s our guest so be on your best behavior, okay?

He watches her, searching her expression as she tries to put a brave face on despite her fears. The elder serpent steps closer to her so his shoulder meets her neck, which always seems to give her a bit of confidence where there might otherwise be none. Then he turns back to look at the other three that he doesn’t recognize.

She’ll warm up to you within the day. Who’ve you brought with you?” he asks, gesturing toward the trio trailing along with him. Two resemble the new prisoner but he tries not to assume too much. Instead, he realizes how easily diplomacy comes to him with one of his own daughters watching his every move. Prior to Adna and Sabbath being born, he always struggled with being calm or holding his tongue toward others. They bring out the best in him, he thinks with a faint smirk.
    @[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris || - by vulgaris - 12-05-2018, 05:54 PM