• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris ||

My dreams have all come true

Trickling in over the border, Dovev and his covey of younglings garner a sharp stare from Wolfbane as he circles high above. What dumb reason could possibly be convincing enough to bring babes and a stranger with you in captivity? That you should suffer in your loneliness and internment was expected … but forcing innocents into the situation struck him as something incredibly odd, considering the reputation that seemed to follow Dovev wherever he lingered. Whatever the underlying cause might be, Bane lowers and comes to a hopping sort of landing far off from where the six others have gathered, collecting his thoughts and wild expression with every step that brings him nearer afterwards.

There is the prisoner in question at the forefront, unmistakable by Vulgaris’ description given to him some time ago. In his limited assessment of the other stallion, the Pirate Lord thinks he’s imposing in his own unique way; it doesn’t surprise him that such an animal would garner Heartfire’s attention. Surrounding him are two foals, their obvious youth and similar appearance adding a bit of flesh to the puzzle Bane was working on internally. They must be siblings or even twins, and for a moment his gaze flickers between the elder male and the younger colt, both olive eyes twinkling in a brief exposure of humor. Perhaps those two children are the reason for his grandmere’s hostility … she’d reacted the same way when Wolfbane had berated her over Longclaw, their shared relative and the sight-seer’s eldest son.

He was beginning to think her true affection for others was reflected as venom.

But what do I know? The striped pegasus muses to himself, watching Vulgaris break the ice before turning his final attention to the mare so stoically positioned alongside the other three. She’s a dusky rose, framed in two-toned blonde hair and with an air much too contemplative for his liking on first appearances. This one, he thinks as he comes to rest beside the Viper’s empty shoulder, this one has to go.

So he begins with that.

“As Vulgaris said, welcome. My name is Wolfbane and anyone under Heartfire’s strict protection is like family here, make yourself comfortable.” The short, thick-bodied Drake intones. Yes, he says with his stare, turning it on the bone-armored captive, you and I have a lot to catch up on. His words, however, belie that such an invitation doesn’t extend to the entire party. With the tilt of his chin and a soft, bemused look, he considers Briella. “For safety’s sake though, I won’t accept your presence. I’m sure you understand, given the circumstances?” He smiles, neither crude nor arrogant. Simply factual.

“Unless, of course, you can convince me that you need to be here.” He challenges her, allowing the statement and his eyes to pass over the foals and Dovev. They were welcome to vouch for the odd-mare-out if they wished, but his opinion (once cemented) was a nigh impossible thing to sway.

Like all good nightmares do

@[Dovev]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris || - by Wolfbane - 12-09-2018, 02:33 PM