• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    As she walked all that I can say was...;LILY and family
    Leliana

baby, when I'm in your arms, I can make honest sense of love and war's alarms

He is soothing and their interaction is simple and she eases herself into it. She closes her eyes a little, feeling the pleasure of the moment sink into her skin, feeling it as a form of her own healing. She hums slightly in the back of her throat, leaning into his touch. “You are so thoughtful, Chaol,” she murmurs, pressing her face into the slope of his neck. “I am so glad to know that you’ve been safe though. I’m so glad to know that I didn’t get you sick.” She pulls back, tugging on his forelock slightly with her teeth.

At the mention of Vulgaris, she feels a glow of warmth in her chest and a twinge of something other, something about the way he had looked at their last encounter when he had told her about his steal of Dovev. It passes briefly across her elegant face before it washes clean. “I am glad too. As are my girls. Adna and Sabbath are both so happy to have their family together once more.”

She pushes the twinge of something else deep down, focusing instead on the deep love she feels for her husband—the joy she had felt when he had met her halfway, when he had embraced her. He loved her, she reminded herself, and she loved him. There was nothing to be worried about. Nothing to fear.

When he moves around her, she laughs, the sound of silver bells as it lights on the air. She doesn’t grow uncomfortable beneath his gaze and instead lifts her head a little, preening slightly as her feathers shimmer to silver and blue and then to forest green before finally settling back to a familiar crimson.

“I do have a story or two to tell,” she says with a sly grin. She gestures toward the new tattoo of the cedar tree that crawls up her spine, branching out. “I recently answered the call of the fae and went north to the isle to help them find a cure. I worked with two others to bring back some icicles.” She doesn’t touch on the bitter cold or the way her lips had cracked and bled, the exhaustion that had dug into her bones.

Instead, she just looks at hi with a light in her eyes, settling into his side.

“In the end, they gave me this marking—this reminder.”

but there's something primal underneath and it drives this nothingness I seek

@[Chaol]
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: As she walked all that I can say was...;LILY and family - by leliana - 12-24-2018, 12:34 AM