• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  carry me to sleep, my golden boy; abysm

"Lets us go to the others..." she suggests. But how easily Kagerus' boy sweeps aside her veiled plea.

"Not yet..." he insists, and there is nothing but hushed innocence in his proposal.

"...Mother," he adds, churring and pressing himself against her curves, and she winces as the undercurrent of sarcasm chokes her. But before she can reassemble her suggestion into a demand her chance to stand firm has passed, and the earth is stirring into quicksand below her little, hard hooves.

She feels the dream pulling at her extremities: the tingling in her face as he coaxes her into sleep. It was a sensation that had always left her breathless, causing her heart to race in the best of ways. But it had always been her wife who had done the coaxing. The feeling of her consciousness tangling with her partner's was the height of intimacy as their spirits danced together in a world they made for themselves alone.

She had never tried to stop it before.

With a master hand, he pulls on the threads of reality around them and her body gives in through her mind protests.

His consciousness is different, and the difference paralyzes her. It repels her, but there is no way to slow the momentum of their fall. She knows that she is in his world now, she has been inside of dreams often enough to know how this worked. With Kagerus there had always been a give and take, ideas and feelings flowed between the lovers as fluidly as their touches, but here she feels he is the sole author.

Then the tide is rising, the slurping earth crawling up her legs. The air coagulates around her and her open mouth is wordless as this false-air slides down her throat. But round and wild eyes say as what her voice does not.

She is afraid.

She is afraid of the endless possibilities in this world that she knows too much about not tremble at its realization - even if she clings to the hope that this is all a misunderstanding. 

Solace does not know if her thoughts are open to him, although she suspects they are. Her jaw snaps shut and her eyes find him and she doesn't show her fear anymore.

"What did you have planned for us?" she asks, cool and calm although her tongue is thick.

Whatever it was, he was going to have to own it.

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[abysm] @[kristin] this is possibly the latest reply ever, but this thread was still on my mind and now that i'm semi back i wanted to post sol's reaction! i'm fine with continuing at a snails pace or leaving it here <3
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: carry me to sleep, my golden boy; abysm - by Solace - 08-18-2019, 08:22 PM