• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

His travels take him past Taiga, further north.

Although the summer heat persists, it grows thinner the further he goes, and his body becomes more and more unaccustomed to it. He has long since grown used to the heat of Tephra, the weight of the humidity that settles across his shoulders a homecoming that he loves deeply. Nerine does not have the same bitter bite that he is sure he will experience once he reaches the Isle above it, but it is cooler and he shivers slightly as a sea breeze lifts off the nearby ocean and washes across his lacerated shoulders.

He grins, despite the minor discomfort, and tilts his head to his latest companion.

The stallion is young but capable and Magnus has little doubt he will live up to that potential. “Rhaegor,” he says quietly as they travel, glancing at him out of the corner of his eye. “You have been doing well.” A soft laugh that rolls naturally off his lip, warming the air between them. “Not that I’m surprised.” After all, the boy had practically been bred for work like this—raised to be a leader, to take charge.

“You’ll be earning your first promotion when we first get back to Tephra.”

The first to become Beta. The first to take a title amongst the kingdom.

“I hope that you will consider working toward the advisory council. I could use strong men like you.”

Tephra needed souls like Rhaegor and Aysel and Jude and Ryatah. All of those who had been stepping up and taking charge, helping shepherd Tephra forward into the next chapter of Beqanna. Magnus doesn’t speak more of it though. Instead, he comes to a stop at Nerine’s border, lifting his head and letting loose a soft call for whoever still lived here, whoever risked the plague to keep its borders safe.

And then he waits comfortably for whatever is to come.

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Rhaegor]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Rhaegor

the playboy

Magnus welcomes Rhaegor to accompany him to the Leviathan kingdom of Nerine. Perhaps the ancient king can smell that salty, coastal kingdom on the young stallion, or perhaps he can smell one exact person on his blushing buckskin skin. Either way, the fact that Magnus invited Rhae to the one kingdom where he always desperately wants to go makes his chest swell with excitement, among other things. Those feelings, however, shall have to be subdued during this diplomatic trip.

Not that his ardor for her is ever subdued.

Rhaegor. His name sounds from the king lips, and he comes out of his momentary reverie. He notices the change in temperature quite abruptly, feathers ruffling all at once; but he devotes his attention entirely to Magnus as he issues Rhaegor a compliment. You have been doing well. Huh. Not that I'm surprised. His words end, but Rhae senses more: you have practically been bred for this work - raised to be a leader, to take charge. At this, Rhae smiles, taking the words as more of an automatic intuition of his than of any signs of cognitive developments. He has been bred for this kind of work; he thinks fondly of Solace and Kagerus, silently sending love in their direction. He ought to visit the cove.

You'll be earning your first promotion when we first get back to Tephra.

To be expected, Rhae figures.

I hope that you will consider working toward the advisory council. I could use strong men like you.

Here, Rhae's stoic nature shifts; lips and teeth parting, the stallion's throat emits a strange, alien clicking noise, indicative of heartfelt laughter. The reverberating motion of his muscles immediately warms him, allowing the blue-tipped feathers of his wings to gradually resettle. Shaking his head as a last silent chuckle shakes him, Rhaegor cocks a brow towards Magnus, wondering if he would make the connection that Rhae had made before he had to whisper it into the air between them.

"Mute council member. Perfect."

Still, Rhae appreciates the sentiment... And maybe a small part of him even believes that he could achieve such a position, regardless of his disability.

"Thank you, Magnus."

Not checking to see whether the king actually heard his half-muttered words, Rhae turns to scan the inside of Nerine, which quickly approaches. When Magnus stops, Rhae travels two steps farther - and then stops himself. Swallowing awkwardly, the eager lover-boy sheepishly shuffles backwards, keeping his eyes conveniently away from Mag's.

I'm here for diplomacy. I'm here for diplomacy I'm here for diplomacy.

A knowing, risque smile skirts his lips, unbidden.

Clearly, the rogue has plenty to learn.

...my name on your tongue and your tongue on my...

Forgot to mention that Rhae has plague symptoms, i.e an occasionally bloody nose, a thin, bony figure, and mottled wings.
    [Image: rhae]
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

She was still bristling from her previous interaction with her father, but she didn’t let it show. Outwardly, she remained cool, perhaps a little too frigid, but she hadn’t argued with him further. They were too much alike in some senses, and even if she disagreed with him on all fronts, she was also still somewhat of a daddy’s girl and she hated the fact that he was mad at her. Of course, that didn’t mean she hadn’t been trying to escape, but everywhere she went, his shadow lingered just within her peripheral. Any attempt at slipping past him had proven useless, and it brought back memories of being a little girl and locked within Briseis’ overprotective grasp. Which, ironically enough, her father had been the one to convince her mother to loosen the vice grip she kept on her.

What a hypocrite. A few little bites and suddenly he’s her own personal jailor.

She had been debating taking her father to Tephra, to introduce him to Rhae, but the very idea made her nauseous. She didn’t entirely trust her father to not be mean, or embarrassing, or both. At the same time, she had no way to communicate to Rhaegor that she was currently trapped in Nerine. Unless he decided to come back, she was going to have to gain some courage and just take her father to him.

But sometimes, fate plays in her favor.

A shift in the breeze brings her a very familiar scent, and immediately her gold-blazed face swivels in his direction. The smile that breaks across her face is unmistakable, her heart skipping in her chest, and she is so focused on the face of her sweet prince that she almost doesn’t notice the stallion with him. She notices him just in time to rein in her excitement, and though the strides that carry her to them are quick, she has carefully positioned a mask of poise on her face.

”Rhae,” His name feels like home, and her dark brown eyes level with his and perhaps linger a little too long. It is all she can do to contain herself, her heart still fluttering uncontrollably at the sight of him, but she manages to tear her gaze away from him to look at the older stallion. ”Hi,” and her dark head dips just slightly, offering him an amicable smile as she introduces herself, ”I’m Chryseis. Breckin has been spending most of her time on Icicle Isle, but she might be around. Or my father can answer any questions you have.” Glancing over her shoulder, she sure enough spies the dragon-like stallion not too far off, and she barely keeps the eye roll out of her voice when she adds, ”I’m sure he’ll be over here shortly.” Because he follows me everywhere, she thinks, but of course doesn’t say out loud.

Unable to help herself, her gaze drifts back to Rhae, a faint smile lifting at the corner of her lips. Standing this close to him and not touching him was unbearable, but she was attempting to be diplomatic. Nerine was Breckin’s kingdom, and she tried to always behave when it came to that.

chryseis

@[Leilan] oh look he can meet Rhae hahaha

Also I forgot to write into my post that Chryseis has plague symptoms; mainly bloody nose and a cough.

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    She's right about the following part.

He has rather a lot of fun trailing her and most of all, making sure that she knows it. It would have been easy to follow her around without notice, but the purpose of such an action would be completely lost to him. After all, she was just recently grounded. Not eniterly because of thr boyfriend that she had never cared to introduce to his in-laws, or heck, even tell him about. Mainly, because he didn’t want to lose her. In death, to a kelpie that wouldn’t allow her to roam freely for sure, or to a boyfriend’s herd that she would be entirely unhappy in if he so much thought of having more mares than her.

This meeting is more than just that, however. Even if the slip of his daughter’s tongue - combined with the looks the two youngsters share - pinpoints the source of the number marks on her - marks! More ancient, uncivilized leftover ways of claiming from the Dark Ages than his great-grandfather - so very obviously.

His response is just that. ”Damn right you are, Farfalle.” he responds. He talks with a soft, almost dangerously calm voice, and addresses the boy next. ”A word with you, after this meeting.” he rather informs than asks, not a single muscle on his body moving while he imprints the message on the young stallion with one straight stare of his icy blue orbs.

When he looks at Magnus after that, he shrugs a little, as if to apologize for the intrusion and/or implying that it has nothing to do with his diplomatic visit at all. The buckskin is muscled, and smells of ashes and sulfur (much like Rhae) - but comes as a diplomat it seems. ”You must be Tephra’s leader,” he concludes. It’s in the way he holds himself, and seems to be leading Rhae. The gossip had taken some time to reach him, or Nerine at all, but it had landed before this visit, finally. ”Magnus, is it?” he dips his head, not quite a bow, more or less acknowledgement. Having risen to a position of just-about-second (or third) in this kingdom, not only through his marriage but also with his claim on Icicle Isle, he will have to adjust to diplomacy as much as Magnus, and try to be a leader to more than just Chryseis (even if she currently takes up most of his time).

”I’m Leilan. I’m not sure if Breckin can meet with us right away, but whatever you have to say to her, you can say to me, too.” he informs, one ear on Chryseis, but the rest of his attention wholly for the buckskin male. Sure, the scaled stallion may look unapproachable or impressive if he wants to, but around Magnus, he has no need for such an impression, and is quite relaxed. Quite a difference from how he looked at Rhaegor before, as everyone can surely see. It’s about as obvious as that Chryseis is his daughter, he thinks. But if not, he’d be happy to explain the situation to Magnus later.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[magnus]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

Magnus has come to love the silent boy at his side—learned to love him for his passion and his fire and his intelligence. For his stubbornness and his strength. For his gentleness. Although they are not related by blood, and the golden King knows he has more than enough parental love, he cannot but help but think of Rhaegor as a son—and it pleases him to no end to see him living up to his potential in Tephra.

When Rhaegor laughs at the idea of council member, Magnus’ gaze sharpens a little and he turns his heavy-jawed head toward the Sanctuary Prince. “I have never once thought you were less capable than the person next to you because of who you are and what obstacles you may individually have.” Rhaegor has never struggled to communicate in his own way, never struggled to make himself known. “And I’m certainly not going to start now. You are just as deserving for council as those with the loudest voice.”

But he puts such conversation to bed when the filly approaches them.

She is young but clearly resting on the brink of adulthood, and it doesn’t take him long to begin to piece together her connection to Rhaegor. Magnus’ grin is crooked and warm, amusement brightening his eyes. He clears his throat a little, watching as the two of them struggle against the instinct to be near one another. He could sympathize but also knew it was good for Rhaegor to learn a time and place for all things. This would be an interesting lesson for the diplomat to learn and an interesting test of skill.

Still, his face is kind when he addresses her. “My name is Magnus,” his gaze flicks toward the Tephran at his side, “and it appears you already known my companion.” His grin is a little roguish but he nods at her explanation. “I appreciate that information. We were simply trying to connect with the other lands now that things have begun to settle. To see how everyone else has fared during these times.”

But such an explanation is cut short when the draconic stallion approaches.

He shifts, straightening a little, his cheerful expression darkening a little at the pointed stare given to his Beta. “We have other lands to visit after this,” he says simply, his whiskey-voice neutral, but the implication clear: Leilan did not simply get to command Rhaegor in front Magnus. “Of course, if Rhaegor would like to stay, then he is welcome.” He nods to the boy, giving him his choice before turning his gaze back to the father. “But I can’t promise we will have enough time for further conversation.”

A quirk of lip, a roll of scarred shoulder.

“You understand the strict schedules of diplomatic visits, I am sure.”

He drops it though, content to not pick a fight just to settle a gnawing hunger in his belly. Instead he relaxes slightly, the seabreeze picking up the tangled, matted pieces of his mane and cooling the arch of neck beneath. “Magnus,” he affirms with a dip of the head. “As I was telling Chryseis, we are simply making the rounds to the other lands. An opportunity to let everyone know of the changes within Tephra, but also just a chance to see how everyone is doing, to see if there are ways we can help.”

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Rhaegor]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

the phoenix born again in the ashes of the end

“As tight as they may be,” says a voice. “I assure you- we make time for our visitors. Especially those who come to endeavor in peace.” feminine and soft, bearing no ill-will.

Calm and with little issue, she wanders forward: the earth coloration evient; but more so the flecked-golden green eyes and her dark hair. Sarkis is, like her siblings, tall and smooth: a woman of a fluid and swift gait. Her head lifts and she eyes Rhaegor and Magnus, stares at Leilan and Chryseis; but in a manner that mirrors care and compassion.

“I believe the Sanctuary is also sending diplomats around.” the addendum is made as Sarkis slithers up next to Leilan with her eyes drawn to Tephra’s jungle-king and his entourage. She stands, tall and poised: well authoritative in a way but only in such a manner that it resembles something of steel in spine.

Quiet and calm she observes the faint autumnal breeze and the smell of sea not far away… the green grass ocean that sways and all the stars and sun and sky. Shadows too linger and Sarkis does not hide the way she shies from the darkness, nor how she seems contented more so to linger in the sunlight between the clouds.

With regard of person and aware of her invasive behavior, she dips her head and speaks with a low purr, something Magnus himself should’ve been familiar with: Sarkis, after all, had been born in the Jungle.

“I am Sarkis, the daughter of Scorch and Hestoni, and sadly the sister to our dearest Leilan.” she chuckles- playful in the moment. “I was on border duty when I saw you arrive, I thought it might be more polite to come and say hello.” she bears nothing akin to a Jaguage, no…

Sarkis for all her gentleness, crests her head and as her neck bends: the muscle and skin seem almost draconic in poise.

with open eyes I'll bring the fire, the turning of our fates

Sarkis
    Nalia didn't necessarily know why a visit from this particular horse would surprise her, given she'd heard stories about him lately. Mostly of his efforts to repair Tephra and change it's ways, nothing of malice or evil intentions toward the land. If anything, it just seemed as if he was preparing his kingdom to deal with the Plague as Breckin had done for Nerine.

But still, the fact he came all the way out here to the ocean-bordered kingdom, he had to have some reason. She just didn't know what it was yet.

The filly had been close to the border that morning, grazing peacefully on what grass she could enjoy before the arrival of the cold season in a few weeks time. Sure, there was still one more season between this time and the cold, but it passed very quickly, Nalia had come to realize. One would almost think there wasn't an autumn, with how fast winter settled and blanketed the land in its frigid white sheet.

A change in the wind caused Nalia to lift her head, wondering what that could be about. Not far away, she saw something moving, another horse and resident of Nerine. It appeared to be Chryseis, Leilan's daughter. She had met the filly a number of times and though they were not incredibly close friends yet, Nalia liked her and hoped they could grow to be great friends. She also liked Leilan enough that despite his attitude at times, she could stand it to be friends with his daughter.

Chryseis appeared to be attracted by something by the border just a few yards up the hill. Unsurprisingly, Leilan joined her seconds later, and now Nalia was even more intrigued. To attract his attention, even if he had been following his daughter, took something, and her curiosity eventually won out, leading her to join in the conversation.

Trotting up the small incline, Nalia took a glance over who had arrived as she came to a stop near Leilan and Chryseis. So far, she could see three; a stallion, a colt, and a filly. The stallion was the one she'd heard about, Tephra's leader, Magnus. He seemed to be an indimidating stallion, with a bright buckin coat and golden eyes. The colt beside him could've been a relative, with his matching buckskin shading, so if he was related to the golden king, the paint splash color had to have come from his dam. Like Nalia, he also sported a pair of feathered wings on his back, but they appeared to be shedding, which told Nalia only one thing.

Something she was thankful to have avoided so far.

On closer inspection, the filly seemed to actually be a mare, and one Nalia vaguely recognized though she hadn't spoken to her very often. Sarkis, a member of Nerine, one Nalia had met only once or twice. She knew very few details about this mare, other than that she was also Scorch's daughter. The mare lived a quiet lifestyle in their kingdom, and Nalia had wanted to get to know her better, but something her dam said years ago always came back to her when she thought about Sarkis.

That sometimes, those who wanted to be left alone, preferred it that way...

So Nalia had kept her distance for now, but told herself she'd rexamine the option of getting to know the brindled roan mare.

Magnus introduced himself, then stated his purpose for coming here to Nerine. This included the offer of helping the ocean-bordered kingdom, something Nalia found very diplomatic of him. At the same time, however, she was cautious. The Plague was still causing havoc in Beqanna, which left some kingdoms divided and weak. Perhaps Magnus was here to examine Nerine for such a crack in it's folds? Learn when a good time to strike would be, to take the ocean-bordered kingdom from Breckin's hooves and force it's current residents away?

The thought put Nalia on edge, but she did not show it. If she exhibited any hostility, Magnus might take that the wrong way. So she stayed calm, her posture relaxed, giving the impression of her usual, happy-go-lucky charm to avoid letting the golden king know she was watching him.

"Perhaps if you told of us the changes within Tephra first, allowed us to think, we could tell you if anything you have to offer would help serve Nerine during these difficult times," Nalia piped in, moving to stand closer to Leilan and his daughter so she was not hiding in their shadows.

@[magnus] @[Leilan] @[Chryseis] @[Rhaegor] @[Sarkis]
    Of course, his love spots them before anyone else. By the looks of her as she approaches, starry-eyed and smiling, she fully intends on taking Rhae in an arduous embrace, kings present be damned; but at the last moment she pulls up, straightening her guise of diplomacy. Swallowing the rogue smile which threatens to burst forth unto his lips at the very sigh of the blue-girl, Rhae quietly murmurs her name back to her before settling in to listen to the many, many things which next occur. After all, it is not as if he can say much in response anyway – and it’s not like he wants to speak with a man who treats his daughter like his property.

--

When Scorch happened upon the endlessly growing group of supposed ‘diplomats,’ she immediately felt a head ache coming on. Her dragon eyes immediately identified all six of the creatures: Magnus, king of Tephra; Rhaegor, heir to the East; Chryseis, her granddaughter; Leilan, her son; Sarkis, her daughter; and Nalia, her protégé. God, what a fucking mess; ears pinning at the bare base of her skull, Scorch gnawed on her teeth and approached with some haste.

Upon arriving into the group, Scorch instated herself clearly as the head of the Nerinians, coming forward more than the others. The only one that really had the authority to challenge her in this was Leilan, seeing as he now held close quarters with the Khaleesi, Breckin; but both aforementioned were her children, either literally or in spirit, and she would be damned if they thought they could get uppity with her during times when political finesse was required. She was undeniably the Matriarch of Nerine, and she would not act otherwise out of niceness. I’m not sure that word is even in her vocabulary, never mind her character.

She took a deep breath, head pulsating; why the fuck am I the one with political finesse. Why.

“Nerinians – while it may be exciting for emissaries to come to our kingdom, I must remind you all that it is considered rude and a potential threat to greet them with so many of us when there are so few of them.” Her hammerhead swung back from one side to the other, making eye contact with each individual. Figuring this public scolding would suffice in making them understand her meaning without having to go into the semantics of the thing, Scorch flared her nostrils once before straightening and addressing Magnus directly.

“Nice to meet you again after all this time, friend.” The words sounded broken up and ugly, yet they came from smiling lips; the charred chords which she used to vocalized would be nothing new to the ancient king. “I speak with full authority when I say to you that Nerine is invested in maintaining her alliance with your Tephra. I will inform you of the changes here in the North, and if you have time to tell us about the West, then that would be good. Otherwise, feel free to come in and look around, or to go as you need.”

It went without saying that Rhaegor needn’t obey any commands given to him by her son, Leilan.

"Currently, the North functions as such: with Nerine remaining the sole Kingdom of the region, ruled yet by Breckin; with Icicle Isle being a subkingom whose function is that of a sanctuary for those of us who do not wish to risk sickness here, lead for now by Camelia and Leilan; and with Taiga agreeing to be subservient but not politically powerful, run loosely by Ruan I believe, though I could be mistaken. Essentially, a kingdom, a territory, and a herd.”

Inhaling, Scorch glanced over her shoulders again, winking a little at Chryseis and Nalia, who really had come into this with pure intentions and a genuine desire to learn and support Nerine. Well, Nalia did anyway; and whatever amorous distraction Chryseis was dealing with, she handled herself with such a poise that its effects were negligible. Sadly, the same could not be said for son’s overt vendetta against Rhaegor, nor could it be said for her daughter’s spiteful comments thereupon, no matter how sweetly she sugar-coated them.

At any rate.

“That is all the information we have to share at this time.” With that finished, Scorch settled in to a hip and offered a terse smile, expecting the remainder of this meeting to go quickly now that she had essentially silenced, if not excused, each of the Nerinians currently present.

--

ooc: first blurb is rhae, second is scorch. feel free to stick around in this thread! scorch is just being an old cranky fart.
    [Image: scorch2.png]
    Per Discord conversation:

“Okay so Chryseis probably doesn’t need a real reply, I really only posted her because I didn’t think anyone else would reply to them anyway and because of Rhae (duh)

We can just pretend she’s like “sorry grandma :|”, glares at her dad, has eye sex with rhae one more time, and then prances off to go play with a kelpie or something.”

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    So many things are happening because he appeared and opened his mouth - suppressing a sigh, the scaled silver bay roan gives Magnus a near-tired look. Disappointed, perhaps even. ”I see. I hope you understand, that this is a family matter, so naturally I wouldn’t want to burden you with it during this conversation. I doubt that I’ll ever get any other chance to talk to your companion, however, since he appears to have too strict a schedule to meet any of us.” A glance at Chryseis - by now she knows exactly how unhappy he is about her secrecy, and whatever Rhaegor may think, in this family, secrets are the worst thing in the world. She bertrayed his trust and that’s what cost her her freedom temporarily. It’s no more complicated than that. If Magnus or Rhae wants to feel offended about it still, then he can do that for all Leilan cares about it at this point. He doesn’t have an issue with the buckskin or with Tephra as a whole, as he hopes to now have made clear, but since so many people are interrupting, there’s no way to fully know what anybody is thinking about at the moment.

Sarkis follows suit, another underwater stab at him for being the big scary, unreasonable dad. The scaled stallion closes his eyes for a little longer than a single blink, hiding the conflict of emotion that his eye colour would otherwise have betrayed him. When he opens them again, it is an aqua blue that shows. Though he doesn’t think Sarkis has ever seen it before, having only greeted her when she came back to Nerine, and as thanks for his help with her panic attack he now gets this. Sassy Sissy Sarkis.

Too bad for her, he’s better at it. ”Hello Sarkis, I’m so glad you finally found time to come out of your shad- eh, hiding. I wasn’t aware of you joining any ranks that you felt the need to guard the border against Taiga, but I’m sure we can find you something to do. It appears we are behind on our diplomatic schedule... Oh and, this is your niece, Chryseis, and you have other nieces and nephews too. Chryseis, this is one of your numerous aunts. She returned to us last year, though I haven’t spoken to her since.” he explains in a slightly too-joyous tone; after all, Sarkis never really talked to him so he doesn’t think she has the right to be so sassy with him right now.

If all else would fail, Nalia joins them, too. The winged mare has a tendency to show up at diplomatic meetings, and Leilan starts to wonder if the personal drama he and Breckin had with an unexpected set of twins in the middle of a Plague, together with fusing two kingdoms and laying claim to a near-uninhabitable safe land that suddenly everybody wanted to have, had caused the Nerinians to all feel bored in the meantime (but why all show up here with this one meeting?). Perhaps they should send the diplomats on missions, too. Surely Nalia wants a stretch of wings and apparently even Sarkis has re-grown her mouth when he wasn’t looking.

The grulla painted filly probably felt the now-tensing environment since she asked Magnus to elaborate first, but to be honest that sounds too much like a threat when added to the previous. So the scaled stallion shakes his head, ”As I recall, we’ve always had good relations in the past. Personal matters should not come between our long-standing relations. Nerine has had it’s own rearrangements and with a threat from outsiders claiming the nearby safeland, I’m afraid we’ve not sent our diplomats out to the other lands yet. But I see Sarkis and Nalia are eager to go.” Glancing at the two of then briefly to measure their responses, he shrugs and continues. ”But most of all we do not wish to spread the Plague that way, as we don’t know the matter of it’s contagiousness yet. I hear Tephra has no such issues, but we and many other lands are susceptible. Of course, with so many of us gathering, the sickness cannot be avoided, but perhaps another land has been luckier than us so far.” Good idea bringing an infected horse on diplomatic missions. Even greater idea, all of you showing up and spreading it through the whole kingdom no doubt. Not that Leilan really minds at this point, Chryseis had already caught and probably spread it, but perhaps Magnus would like to rethink on it before he goes to another land that might be vulnerable to this disease?

His mother pipes in, stepping forward a bit more than necessary. Leilan lifts his square head a bit higher to still address Magnus even though he lets her do the talking (this is one big shithole in his opinion already). She does a lot of talking - he didn’t get it from his father, that is clear, and scolds them all for being here. Hey now, he got here first (Chryseis did, technically, but she didn’t do much of diplomacy, just eyeing her boyfriend really). It’s not his fault that everybody else felt the need to add their little somethings. For once it’s not entirely his fault, and so that’s where the unblinking return-stare comes from. Not that she probably would have any more to say about it at the moment, seeing as she wants to continue the diplomacy.

He adds multiple small, dismissable sounds where Scorch is wrong as she talks - he is not leading the Isle because of other claimers and hasn’t seen Camomila for a long while now, and also it’s Lilitha who had claimed the Taiga as a herdland. Therefore he feels the need to stay present at this meeting, whatever his mother may be thinking.

He recieves a glare from his daughter before she leaves, which earns her to be completely ignored in return (it’s so hard not to eye roll at her), but then he shrugs at Magnus and Scorch. ”Perhaps it’s better to continue diplomacy in a smaller circle, but as I understand it, you may want to rest and then continue to other lands instead. We’d be more than happy to come to Tephra to discuss further details when we’re all settled with the Plague.” And other issues - leadership, a daughter that doesn’t want to learn from anything he tells her, and oh perhaps the war that Phasus and Set threatened to start if they won the claim on the Ice-land. As Magnus has been seen and displayed multiple times by now, Nerine is still a bit chaotic following the events.

Really, this visit it just badly timed, as the roan sees it.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[magnus]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |