• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any
    Of course, his love spots them before anyone else. By the looks of her as she approaches, starry-eyed and smiling, she fully intends on taking Rhae in an arduous embrace, kings present be damned; but at the last moment she pulls up, straightening her guise of diplomacy. Swallowing the rogue smile which threatens to burst forth unto his lips at the very sigh of the blue-girl, Rhae quietly murmurs her name back to her before settling in to listen to the many, many things which next occur. After all, it is not as if he can say much in response anyway – and it’s not like he wants to speak with a man who treats his daughter like his property.

--

When Scorch happened upon the endlessly growing group of supposed ‘diplomats,’ she immediately felt a head ache coming on. Her dragon eyes immediately identified all six of the creatures: Magnus, king of Tephra; Rhaegor, heir to the East; Chryseis, her granddaughter; Leilan, her son; Sarkis, her daughter; and Nalia, her protégé. God, what a fucking mess; ears pinning at the bare base of her skull, Scorch gnawed on her teeth and approached with some haste.

Upon arriving into the group, Scorch instated herself clearly as the head of the Nerinians, coming forward more than the others. The only one that really had the authority to challenge her in this was Leilan, seeing as he now held close quarters with the Khaleesi, Breckin; but both aforementioned were her children, either literally or in spirit, and she would be damned if they thought they could get uppity with her during times when political finesse was required. She was undeniably the Matriarch of Nerine, and she would not act otherwise out of niceness. I’m not sure that word is even in her vocabulary, never mind her character.

She took a deep breath, head pulsating; why the fuck am I the one with political finesse. Why.

“Nerinians – while it may be exciting for emissaries to come to our kingdom, I must remind you all that it is considered rude and a potential threat to greet them with so many of us when there are so few of them.” Her hammerhead swung back from one side to the other, making eye contact with each individual. Figuring this public scolding would suffice in making them understand her meaning without having to go into the semantics of the thing, Scorch flared her nostrils once before straightening and addressing Magnus directly.

“Nice to meet you again after all this time, friend.” The words sounded broken up and ugly, yet they came from smiling lips; the charred chords which she used to vocalized would be nothing new to the ancient king. “I speak with full authority when I say to you that Nerine is invested in maintaining her alliance with your Tephra. I will inform you of the changes here in the North, and if you have time to tell us about the West, then that would be good. Otherwise, feel free to come in and look around, or to go as you need.”

It went without saying that Rhaegor needn’t obey any commands given to him by her son, Leilan.

"Currently, the North functions as such: with Nerine remaining the sole Kingdom of the region, ruled yet by Breckin; with Icicle Isle being a subkingom whose function is that of a sanctuary for those of us who do not wish to risk sickness here, lead for now by Camelia and Leilan; and with Taiga agreeing to be subservient but not politically powerful, run loosely by Ruan I believe, though I could be mistaken. Essentially, a kingdom, a territory, and a herd.”

Inhaling, Scorch glanced over her shoulders again, winking a little at Chryseis and Nalia, who really had come into this with pure intentions and a genuine desire to learn and support Nerine. Well, Nalia did anyway; and whatever amorous distraction Chryseis was dealing with, she handled herself with such a poise that its effects were negligible. Sadly, the same could not be said for son’s overt vendetta against Rhaegor, nor could it be said for her daughter’s spiteful comments thereupon, no matter how sweetly she sugar-coated them.

At any rate.

“That is all the information we have to share at this time.” With that finished, Scorch settled in to a hip and offered a terse smile, expecting the remainder of this meeting to go quickly now that she had essentially silenced, if not excused, each of the Nerinians currently present.

--

ooc: first blurb is rhae, second is scorch. feel free to stick around in this thread! scorch is just being an old cranky fart.
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lead me back from the darkness like you do; rhaegor / diplomats / any - by Scorch - 12-27-2018, 04:45 PM