• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Mary had opened the hypothetical gates to Sylva, and Valdis now, finally, obliges. She ambles forward, just barely grazing past the Queen so that she may further observe the seemingly endless web of trees. Somehow, this land has captured Sinner, and so she dives in wondering why – what about it is enticing enough to a hellhound? Surely the answers will unfold with time. The fun would be lost if she learned everything upfront, and if it was offered on a silver platter. With a lifted brow, Valdis advises herself to be patient and to simply savor the moment. Feeding off Mary is enough to quench her for now.

Only a short distance beyond the border, she turns to face the Sylvan as her scent is thickly spread across the kingdom as well. Assumptions tuck themselves away busily as she focuses on the question at hand with a curt nod. ”I suppose so,” she agrees with a placid grin and steady blink. ”Sometimes your birth home gives you birth rites, but I think there’s more fun on your own paved path.” Solace – mother – made offers so as to keep her daughter near, but Valdis craved more adventure. Something in her heart pattered when an alternative was thrown on the table, cloaked in Sinner’s (likely empty) promises. Even if nothing is given to her, he still fascinated her.

”And you?” She returns the question with an inquisitive furrow of her brows, ”Where are you originally from?” Some, Valdis will discover, prefer their homeland over any other place because it’s comfortable, familiar, easy. She enables a long enough time for an answer before she resumes with a thoughtful flick of her molten tail. ”I hope so,” she doesn’t add that Sinner thinks it will meet her expectations and that she will never tire of Sylva. She also doesn’t add that he admitted that she is to belong to him and no one else, because they would both find it laughable.

Mary would think her a childish fool.
    Valdis sees herself as a free and untouchable woman.
    Sinner already thinks her as his own prize.

The reasons she is here are locked away with Sinner. He has answers, solutions, and ideas. Their conversation is neatly folded and set aside, remaining unopened even in the face of Mary’s questioning. With a sideways glance to a distant pond, Valdis reels for a simplistic answer to sate the woman’s thirst. ”Opportunity, like anyone else. Purpose.” The answers are seemingly generic enough to provide temporary satisfaction. Then it is Valdis asking a question with a touch of assumption twisting in her voice. ”And what role do you play here in Sylva?”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone; - by Valdis - 12-19-2018, 12:32 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Mary - 12-20-2018, 03:23 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 01:34 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Mary - 12-28-2018, 01:55 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 03:41 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Mary - 12-28-2018, 07:32 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 08:11 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Mary - 12-28-2018, 08:37 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Valdis - 12-29-2018, 03:06 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Mary - 12-29-2018, 08:35 PM