• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

catch a falling star and put it in your pocket; Kensa

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

She watches as the girl looks around the den. The filly’s brown eyes are off of Kensa and the mare feels her own hope beginning to be strangled by weeds of doubt. Perhaps she does like it here, enjoys the company of the fae and the certain safety of the den. Normally Kensa enjoys the unknown but she could do without this kind of mystery, the waiting to be rejected herself when suddenly she was found her heart set on this dear one, on the motherhood she is so eager for.

There are tears that try to spring to her eyes when the spotted filly finally speaks with a voice rusty from lack of use. Kensa’s hope flares to life again with a fire that almost makes her nauseous (or perhaps that is the beginnings of something else, but no matter). Once the words are out the brave and open face begins to close, suspicion a dark cloud around the girl. Kensa has blinked away her over-eager tears, not wanting to seem too emotional but her heart does break for the child and she lowers her head a little more. “I won't leave you behind.” The chestnut mare steps closer, reaching out to embrace the filly if she will allow her, pull her close to her chest and drop her head over her small shoulder. Embracing the girl, or not, Kensa says only, “Come home to Hyaline. You will have me. You will have a father and a family. You can learn and play and grow and never come back here unless you want to.” Pulling back then, Kensa tilts her head a bit, her smile hoping to coax one from the filly. “What do you think?”

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Astarielle] I'm so sorry! I thought I had replied but must not have posted it all the way!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: catch a falling star and put it in your pocket; Kensa - by Kensa - 01-02-2019, 10:26 PM