• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sinner;

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

”I know, I know. I’m pretty awful to be around,” laughter breaches the space between them and brightens the shadows for a flickering moment. Sheets of sunlight slash through the canopy, catching the fragments of frost along her skin. The leaves are decorated with diamond-like reflections until another gray cloud passes over and blots out the sun. They are shrouded in the forest’s gloom. Trees around them groan as another wintry gale shoulders through, nipping at Valdis’ heels as she stares at Sinner with amusement gleaming in her rich, sapphire eyes. ”But as troublesome as I can be, mother still wanted me around. I guess I can’t be so terrible then?” Admittedly, in Hyaline, Valdis enjoyed the pampered grandeur of being a princess. She didn’t decide to actually make herself known until recently. Her siblings acknowledged her then. Velk remained silent, standoffish. Such an odd twin dynamic they have, but she has since shrugged it off.

As long as they are all still around, she has a home.

Taunting Sinner, she mentions, ”Piss me off, and I’ll just go back to Hyaline,” that grin of hers is poison but still her face remains pretty, ”So yes, you have me for now.” But she doesn’t plan on leaving. Sylva, so far, is fascinating enough to keep her in its murky shadows and autumnal forest. It would be foolish to admit this however, or to make him think he has so easily won her over. He is a hunter, so of course he savors the chase. Mary gave him no such thing and so it will only be a matter of time until his boredom overlaps her usefulness. Eventually, she will become nothing more than a used rag.

Valdis takes note of how Sinner licks his lips and hardly wavers his stare. He follows her with predatory intensity, something that eerily reminds her of father (but Sinner is far from a paternal figure in her life). Easily enough she could become prey. Yet still she plays her games.

Once again, she edges away from him, spacing them further than they have been for quite some time. Somehow, they are magnetized. They are drawn to each other, and so she struggles to stay away. Her eyes distractedly look up at the branches, but she is still listening to him and admiring the way words slip from his tongue. ”I’m not easy like her,” she says mildly before finally glancing sideways at him with a lifted brow, ”but then again, I don’t think we have much in common.” It doesn’t bother her of course. There is an organic tension borne between the two women, but no definitive reason why. Valdis can’t quite put her finger on it. With a chuckle, she coldly adds, ”Such a shame your broodmare Queen doesn’t like me.”

Valdis

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    sinner; - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 07:22 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-02-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-03-2019, 10:37 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-06-2019, 02:23 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-08-2019, 11:11 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-13-2019, 11:38 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-16-2019, 03:59 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-22-2019, 03:39 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM