• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sinner;

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

Valdis sees how she is plucking at his nerves, taunting him with the body she has. A coy smile reactively spreads across her lips. His reactions are drawing her in – mentally, physically – but she hesitates because she has never been a harlot. Fire and brimstone boil throughout her veins, lacking in the tenderness that her mother has always possessed. ”True,” she agrees as her eyes drift to the autumnal leaves hovering above them, ”and it’s always beneficial to stay close to her.” Her ambition dribbles from her confession, but she’s uncertain as to how far she would go. If mother stood in her way, what then?

But she tries not to dwell so much on what is done. With a mischievous gleam in her blue eyes, Valdis turns her attention to the present, to Sinner. Her grin has not faded, and she holds it back from broadening as he mentions forever. Underneath his intense, predatory stare, her heart quickens. Is this when the first half of his chase ends? He is taking the legs out from underneath her, anchoring her to what is his. Oddly enough, she enjoys this lingering thrill that scrapes its nails along her skin. ”Well, when you put it that way,” she rolls her shoulders and inches forward. Already, her mind is swirling with imaginative scenes of her life alongside him – his untouchable treasure, his toy, his bit of excitement in this pestilent world.

Her only drawback is the consideration of ownership.
    Does she doubt her own ability to escape, if necessary?

Underneath her metallic forelock, Valdis blinks and withdraws herself from the vivid imagery of her thoughts to look at him. A brow lifts, her grin wavers. ”She could be a bump in the road for me. That’s all,” arrogance is there, surfacing in her expression and tone of voice as she addresses his question. ”But I suppose a challenge is a good thing sometimes. I suppose Mary can only hinder so much of my rank climbing when I have you backing me.” And now, finally, after the weighing anticipation, Valdis folds into him. To feel a man – someone other than a sibling or her father – warm against her side both invigorates and frightens her. A chill cartwheels down the length of her spine as her body nestles into his own curves, nearly merging them into one. When he looks at her – because she knows he will follow her with his eyes – she merely grins. It isn’t sweet like that of a found lover, but comfortable and opportunistic. Sinner has been wanting this, to feel her, but she admittedly has been, too. Crumbling in the face of temptation, Valdis accepts her fate. ”Sylva’s future is waiting,” it will be an empire, she assumes, because her king would want nothing less. She waits for instruction, for direction, as she deeply breathes in and savors him.

Valdis

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    sinner; - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 07:22 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-02-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-03-2019, 10:37 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-06-2019, 02:23 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-08-2019, 11:11 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-13-2019, 11:38 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-16-2019, 03:59 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-22-2019, 03:39 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM