• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

“what do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'a cage,' she said.”; any
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

It was only a matter of time until Mary arrived with her eyes lit by curiosity. Valdis regards her coolly, nodding in acknowledgment. Their relationship is still forming, still being weighed, but it doesn’t halt the words that immediately escape. ”Perhaps you are,” there is a hint of sarcasm in her voice as a lopsided, feeble grin lifts a corner of her mouth. The conversation hasn’t progressed enough for the Queen’s arrival to be obtrusive, and so Valdis dismisses the connotation with a shrug.

Sylva rekindles a flame in Ygritte’s soul. It’s mirrored in her single, amber eye when she regards the autumnal forest as though it’s a long, lost love. A scrutinizing glance levels on the coppery mare’s face, darting between the pool of her gaze and the small bed of flowers overlapping what may be an empty socket. Valdis wants to smile, to address what she sees, but only silence follows and a sideways glance to Mary. One breath, then another. The pause isn’t tense; they are all rather relaxed in the moment even as Valdis notes the swelling of her Queen’s abdomen. Pregnancy, she assumes. There were multiple siblings born in her wake. Solace, it seems, is quite fertile. Seeing multiple pregnancies has made her quite aware of the body’s changes.

What piques her interest most, to her dismay, is the assumption that the child is Sinner’s.

”I don’t see a problem with that,” she drawls as a coy grin softens the edges of her pretty face. It pulls her attention from Mary – she doesn’t love the hound, so why does the pregnancy bother her? – and returns it to the stranger, to Ygritte. ”Well met,” she adds as a second thought, nodding her head slowly.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: “what do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'a cage,' she said.”; any - by Valdis - 01-02-2019, 08:55 PM