• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tread Lightly [Any]
    Agave

Mother and Father had grown to be a rare sight, they had another child, Zeus, and had seemed to retire into a quiet life. Though they both seemed to remain relevant to Nerines castes. Agave and Agapi had also gone there own ways, it was nice to see that her shy sister grew out of her shell and went on her own way. Of course Agave will always be around for her twin. 

Life had grown boring, though the now adult mare decided she should probably follow in her mothers footsteps and find a spot in the diplomatic caste. Maybe even make a friend of her own, she was always good at keeping people away. 

The small ocelot quietly pranced through the kingdom, her weight much smaller in feline form allowed her to creep with no sound. A smile tugged at her lips, the perfect mix of her mother and father. 

Nerine had so much going in since the plague struck, Agave had managed to stray away from it all and in the end remains rather clueless. She can't say that is the best situation, but she looks around for another, perhaps to catch her up on things. 
    Tread Lightly

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Breckin can sometimes be so busy - just think of her poor head while she seeks solitude to mull over all those things. Well, he can be busy too, to be honest, but he outs it with restlessness, and just trotting around, or swimming the canal between Icicle Isle and Nerine just to be busy (and to rest his mind that all is still well in both places). Thus, when the heavy, icy stallion spies a wild cat, he is alert and quickens his pace. His sight has been extended, but his voice, hearing, and scent, have not, after all.

Ocelots aren’t exactly a normal sight in such an open, rocky place. It’s autumn and there should still be enough prey in the forest. And no foals to hunt on in a horse kingdom. In fact... no, the cat smells of horse too much. He calls to the animal for attention - if it turns out to be a wild animal then no doubt the sight of a large, broad, scaled and pointy-toothed stallion would chase them away. If it is indeed a shifter like he suspects (he knows the pattern is similar to Rome’s, but he doesn’t shift so Leilan can’t be sure until she tells him), then she’ll probably opt to be more verbose than a regular wild cat would be.

He slows down, looking at the shifter. ”I don’t think we’ve met before.” Even though, by the scent of her and him, they both have lived her for some time together now. But to be fair, this kingdom could use some young blood like hers, or other new influxes. Since the joining of the Krakens and Leviathans, he hasn’t seen Brennen a lot - twice to back up his claim to the Isle up north, but after that? He’d assumed the man was with his mother now, but somehow that meant he usually missed out on talking to his former leader.

But that’s off-topic. ”What made you come out of hiding?” he grins to her, obivously not trying to harrass, but genuinely too curious not to ask.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Agave]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    @[Agave] has been infected by the plague (rolled a 3).
    She will show symptoms (rolled a 4).
    She will not express a trait (rolled a 2).
    Agave

It was not long until she was in the company of a other, wether it be because she was simply here, or because she was in her ocelot form, she may never know.

Her head casually turns to glance at the gold dusted stallion who was gazing in her direction. He seemed much older in age, and by the looks of it was debating if she was a shifter. A quiet giggle escapes her maw, she waits for him to stop before her, and he announces they have never met.

Obviously she thinks to herself, but instead of saying that aloud she shifts from her feline form to her champagne equine self. She stands a few hands shorter than the stag and with a gentle smile she responds I can't say we have, my name is Agave, and you are? She cocks her eye to the stranger.

His pelt was deeply intertwined with the scent of Nerine, and she quickly fell comfortable in his presence. He goes on to ask what brought her out of hiding and again she cocks her eye at him. Hiding? I was doing no such thing. She snorts, she did not hide from anyone, in fact she was so full of herself she would one day find herself in trouble. I have escaped my kingdom duties for long enough. The young mare was nearly four and until now had lived out a care free life, now that her parents have seemed to settled into a quiet life (maybe making children again) it seemed her time to step up. I am simply checking out all the new residents, and deciding on what caste I desire.

Her gaze settles on his, his scent is familiar, perhaps if he introduced himself she would remember who he was. And what do you do here? She inquires with a smug grin.

Tread Lightly

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    The girl shifts back upon his approach, but then her demeanour is rather girlish indeed. Young, then. Gigglish, and somewhat spiteful against him, when he mentions her coming out of hiding. He moves an ear, otherwise nothing. By now he'd finally learned how to deal with teenager behaviour - ignore it. "Leilan." he offers his name casually. If she had indeed been absent from the rest of Nerine which he suspected, she might not recognize his name, so he'd like to see how she reacts.

"Hiding might not be the word. Still, good job at making me overlook you. I don't usually do that." His eyes switch to a molten-orange when he switches to heat vision, back to blue when he blinks again to look at her, then smiles. Not that she would know what it means, probably. But being able to see much farther than most horses, had its advantages. "What kind of duties would you be interested in?" He wonders, when she mentions escaping the, and checking out which caste she would like.

She asks him what he does, and he grins. "Oh, you know. Siring children on the queen, claiming the nearby safeland, guarding the borders, finding new residents, searching out residents that are casteless to sort out what they'll do with their lives.... That sort of thing."

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Agave]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |