• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tread Lightly [Any]

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Breckin can sometimes be so busy - just think of her poor head while she seeks solitude to mull over all those things. Well, he can be busy too, to be honest, but he outs it with restlessness, and just trotting around, or swimming the canal between Icicle Isle and Nerine just to be busy (and to rest his mind that all is still well in both places). Thus, when the heavy, icy stallion spies a wild cat, he is alert and quickens his pace. His sight has been extended, but his voice, hearing, and scent, have not, after all.

Ocelots aren’t exactly a normal sight in such an open, rocky place. It’s autumn and there should still be enough prey in the forest. And no foals to hunt on in a horse kingdom. In fact... no, the cat smells of horse too much. He calls to the animal for attention - if it turns out to be a wild animal then no doubt the sight of a large, broad, scaled and pointy-toothed stallion would chase them away. If it is indeed a shifter like he suspects (he knows the pattern is similar to Rome’s, but he doesn’t shift so Leilan can’t be sure until she tells him), then she’ll probably opt to be more verbose than a regular wild cat would be.

He slows down, looking at the shifter. ”I don’t think we’ve met before.” Even though, by the scent of her and him, they both have lived her for some time together now. But to be fair, this kingdom could use some young blood like hers, or other new influxes. Since the joining of the Krakens and Leviathans, he hasn’t seen Brennen a lot - twice to back up his claim to the Isle up north, but after that? He’d assumed the man was with his mother now, but somehow that meant he usually missed out on talking to his former leader.

But that’s off-topic. ”What made you come out of hiding?” he grins to her, obivously not trying to harrass, but genuinely too curious not to ask.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Agave]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Tread Lightly [Any] - by Agave - 12-29-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: Tread Lightly [Any] - by Leilan - 12-30-2018, 12:07 PM
    RE: Tread Lightly [Any] - by Random Event - 12-30-2018, 04:41 PM
    RE: Tread Lightly [Any] - by Agave - 12-31-2018, 08:38 AM
    RE: Tread Lightly [Any] - by Leilan - 01-05-2019, 09:17 AM