• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Indivar;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Had Valdis overheard Indivar’s conversation with Mary, she would have laughed. It would have been an immediate trigger to her fascination of him and her amusement. It would have provided entertainment, albeit brief.

Alas, she was not yet within Sylva’s embrace when he grumpily met with the Queen.

His scent remains, however, lingering on the trees and the bed of leaves scattered on the forest floor. It’s something new, something different, and Valdis welcomes the idea of familiarizing herself with Sylvans, especially if she decides to truly live here. If she does, it will be due to Sinner’s peculiar allure. An odd dynamic is forging between her and the hellhound, one in which she cannot quite describe when she peers up at the tree branches in the midst of her thoughts. It isn’t love. They aren’t tender lovers, pressing kisses to their skin. They aren’t enemies nor are they yet friends. As of yet, it’s a mutual intrigue that tethers their souls – and it feels almost like a game.

Threading placidly among the forest, it isn’t long until Valdis tracks down the source of the unique scent. Her eyes, blue like her mother’s, gleam prettily as a sheet of sunlight rains down across her in the final steps of her approach. ”Hello,” her voice isn’t sing-song sweet; she has never been so delicate in nature. Her natural poise and tone of voice are more inclined toward that of a developing soldier, a woman who is fiercer than she may let on. ”I’m Valdis. I take it you’re new, too.”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Indivar]
    you spend your nights looking at the stars, thinking your life would be better on Mars
    checking your pulse just to feel it beat; looking for a stone to keep the peace
    The dark stallion stood there in the leaves, standing in the dead corpses of nature, their crunching cries beneath his heavy feet. As he raised his head, wiry muscles shifted beneath his grullo hide, his head tilted in curiosity.

He had only been in the Sylva for a short while and already seemed to have a second visitor. After his encounter with the queen of the gloomy lands he was so far only impressed with the notion that the others within this darkened realm were not easily swayed and had a tongue to match the gloom they surrounded themselves in.

"You would be correct. I suppose I'm now a resident of these lands, my price to pay for a nap." His voice was fairly deep without being gruff, a slight rasp to it from the continuous coughing he now suffered. The plague had gripped him like a vice, and his lungs screamed in exhaustion.

"My name Indivar, and to what matters do I owe the pleasure of meeting you on this fine grey day?"
    Indivar
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Valdis levels her eyes with an expression of neutrality. She isn’t a jubilant or excitable being; she, as her gaze aggressively rakes across him, is calculating as she weighs the situation. Naturally, her curiosity spurred her to bridge the gap between them, but her ulterior motive is to get recognition for her efforts. Despite a lavish childhood, Valdis has a fierce drive and sense of determination. With Mary’s judgmental eyes digging knives into her, Valdis has no choice than to apply herself and bask in her self-assurance and self-worth.

The stoicism of her pretty face, even as her thoughts almost drown her in the midst of her conversation, is lifted by the lightest of chuckles. ”One hell of a nap,” in the wake of her laughter is a coy grin as she considers him and the predicament he had found himself in. ”I’m sure you didn’t expect a little bit of sleep to be a binding contract.” When she draws in a lungful of air, she immediately detects the scent of their Whore Queen (a facetious name Valdis has thought of herself). ”You were so fortunate to have come across Mary then,” but she doesn’t add to this – not now – as she knows better than to anger the sovereignty when she remains so new.

Then again, she may have Sinner backing her.
    But that isn’t guaranteed.

With a nonchalant shift of her body weight and a ruffle of her wings, she offers her name rather plainly. ”Valdis.” The title to which shadowed her in Hyaline has receded since forfeiting her mother’s proposed offer. Instead of gaining immediate rank, the girl decided to forge her own path in a land she knows nothing about. It will be more exciting, she has told herself, but hasn’t yet determined the validity of her inner reassurances. ”I was bored and wandering around, to be quite honest.”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Indivar]