• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; noah, any

He could see the way her eyes welled with emotion, and he shifted so that they could be a little nearer to one another. “Well, you’re not alone anymore.” Leander had to smile a bit ruefully at her admonishment. “Although when I was young, I used to think the same thing.” A family that was large enough to span both leagues and lifetimes had often seemed like a fantasy when he was a child. And yet here he was – and here they were. It was somewhat ironic that Lee had spent so many years searching fruitlessly for his parents’ homeland only to have relations cropping up here, there, and everywhere once he’d finally found it. Especially when he least expected it.

“For a while,” he agreed then, smiling reassuringly so as to soothe the note of worry he’d heard in Noah’s voice. “I don’t really know where I belong yet – but I’m sure I won’t be going anywhere fast in this condition.” He paused to draw breath. Though he would feel tired and weak for quite some time, he was still amazed at how easily the fresh air flowed through his newly healed lungs. “And even then, once I’ve found people to call family, it’s nearly impossible to get rid of me. Just ask Kora.” Flashing her a wry grin, there was a warmth to his brown eyes as he added more seriously, “You’re one of those people now, Noah.”

Afterward, he looked briefly about himself and came to the slow realization that he had no idea where they actually were. Leander had probably flown over the Pampas in earlier explorations, but that would have been before he had fallen ill – and he had been in too much of a stupor to notice his surroundings when Kora had initially brought him here. “So where are we, exactly?” he asked amiably, appreciating the openness of the place. Already the clear skies were calling to him, though Lee sensed it would be a good long while before he felt strong enough to fly again.  

leander
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; like a dream in my arms but i’m wide awake

@[Noah] um I'm the slowest poster alive so I do not mind in the slightest.
    plus these two are giving me all the warm fuzzies <333

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; noah, any - by Leander - 02-27-2019, 01:32 PM