• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i've never fallen from quite this high; wander
    The sight of her lowered head sparks something in Pteron's unconscious mind, a thrill of adrenaline in response to an obvious threat. The colt doesn't recognize it as anything but joy at surprising Wander, but as he settles his weight on solid ground his olive eyes glance at the long spires of her growing horns with appreciation. They’d been nothing but soft buds on her forehead when they’d first met, but he suspects that soon they’ll rival her papa’s, which he has seen only from a distance. They are a reminder of how Wander has grown – how they both have grown, and of the year that has passed beneath the southern sun.

The dun colt uses his invisibility a moment longer to tug playfully at her mane and then duck away, before appearing a few feet away. He never tires of playing, and he appreciates the captive audience that Wander always presents.

“Oh it’s super awesome,” he says eloquently. “I’m gonna visit everywhere now that I can fly. First I’m gonna go see the northern lights from way up close and then probably go to the very top of the Mountain.” The dun colt is clearly ambitious. Having received his parents’ blessing to adventure on his own now that he is a yearling, Pteron is especially eager to do so.

Knowing that Wander likes to know the details, Pteron adds: “A cloud is like a really big fog but in the air. It’s not puffy like a cattail like I wanted it to be. You would probably like it.” Unlike invisibility (which Pteron is convinced anyone can master if they try hard enough), the tobiano yearling knows that the clouds are not within his apricot friend’s reach. “I’ll try to catch one for you,” he promises.

@[Wander]
    me too! <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; wander - by Pteron - 01-19-2019, 11:10 AM