• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign {Ruinam}

Mary
    Mary had been meaning to seek out the white stallion that she quickly accepted into her kingdom. Sinner has a funny way of talking, and it can be intimidating to those who aren't used to it. None the less, Mary promised to take him under her wing, and she was to do just that.

She was no longer pregnant, and found it much easier to walk around now, training would be much less of an annoyance. Ruinammm she nearly sings his name. Seeking out the white stallion shouldn't be to hard in the brown and green covered kingdom. 

She took note of his activity, he seemed to truly care about Sylva, and she wanted to make sure he was properly trained. Perhaps one day he could be her advisor, perhaps this could be the opportunity to test his loyalty.

Long May She Reign

@[Ruinam] short and poopy starter for you!

winter wonderland

Ruinam could feel that this day was going to be quite interesting, the surrounding herds were migrating through the land, showing pressure through the land, a sign of movement. Someone was going to approach him at some point, the birds had told him, more or less anyway, mainly just screaming at him as they take note of 'danger'.
    The wind was also calm, it did not carry any particular scents nor information, except the voice of Mary, who now seemed to be approaching his location as she called his name.

The stallion turns his head to face the direction of the call, his companion animal rushing out ahead of him to scout, Ruinam shakes his head and recalls the creature, letting him know that no danger was approaching, nudging him toward the water where he could relax.
    The ivory male moves to meet the mare close to the expanding land, where trees surrounded the small teal pool, decorating it with colourful leaves.
    "Greetings" the stallion states cheerfully, a smile spreading to his face as he halts in front of the mare, wondering what today's meeting would entail.

The reasoning behind the meeting could vary, his guess was sparse and still misguided since this was only their second encounter, yet still, the stallion stands patiently, the small white being now accompanying his side, his small nose lifted into the air toward Mary.

Ruinam
    @[Mary] Sorry, tried to get it out as quick as possible!
    ruinam-500px

Mary
    It did not take her long to run into the white stallion, a gentle smile appears on her maw as he gives a greeting to her. When she had first met him, she could tell he truly wanted to prove his worth, and that was something that Mary could respect. It was something that drove Mary to teach him all she knew, to make him a fantastic diplomat, to strengthen Sylva.

He matches her smile, but she can tell he was curious to why she specifically sought him out. She gently tossed her head to the right Come on, walk with me. She says as her body follows her head, breaking off to the right. Tell me Ruinam, how has Sylva been treating you? She was curious how he was enjoying his stay, if Sylva was truly the perfect match after all.

They travel through the wooded kingdom, it was nearing the end of spring and the kingdom was once again, full. Protected from any danger in the sky, the kingdom was dense with green leaves and random blooming flowers. There was a wide variety of critters and creatures that shared the dense kingdom with them, squirrels scurrying amongst them. She takes her attention off from her surroundings and back to the white stag, her eyes finding his red ones. I sought you out today to talk about diplomatic duties, I made a promise to you, that I intend to keep.

The dapple queen comes to a halt, she shifts her body to face him. She was ready to train him, but she wanted to make sure this was still what he wanted. It took a lot of time and effort, and even practice, to become a good diplomat. Mary was raised up as a child to be a diplomat, but if Ruinam wanted it, Mary was certain he would be able to manage the task. And at the end of the day, a friendship and loyalty is all she could ask for.

Long May She Reign

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

A walk through the colourful woods of Sylva could only do good, the stallion smiles as he matches the mare's pace, keeping himself aligned with her as his companion fox rushes to his side, weaving in and out between his legs.
    Mary soon asks the white stallion a question, asking whether Sylva was right for him so far, to that the stallion nods and parts his soft lips to allow speech to emerge, a soft tone rising to finish with a crisp decline in his voice "Yes, It is wonderful so far. I'm glad that I am able to stay" he says, his words speaking the truth, as usual, a sin to speak any lie, simply not a possibility for him.

The kingdom is truly one to behold, radiant colours vibrating in each direction, shouting to be noticed with each glimpse of the eye, demanding attention with the array of colour that decorated each inch of the forest. And of course, the peace still remained balanced, after all, such beauty hidden within dense forests had to have a balance, something that must be kept at all times.
    His head turns again as Mary talks once more, his ears attentively turning to face the mare, his eyes following her words as she speaks to him.
    She speaks of diplomatic duties and promises. Promises are quite an interesting thing, some are easy to keep while some can end in rather unfortunate events, but for Ruinam, promises were like a life bond, chains that would eternally be shackled to you until you fulfil what was promised, which was why he did not throw them around easily.
    When Mary speaks of keeping her promise, the stallion nods, his pink lips already parting in speech "I would be happy to help in whatever way I can"
    he says softly, the words shepherded out of his mouth as he looks away again.

Ruinam was almost created to serve, such a weird being so set on following the will and morals of another, to aid them and their country in time of need, yet so terrified to communicate in cases.
    Sometimes the stallion wasn't even able to understand himself, but for now he had a lot of time to figure everything out.

Ruinam
    @[Mary]
    ruinam-500px

Mary
    Her gaze quickly flicks to Ruinam's legs, a white fox is weaving in between him and she quickly glances back to his red orbs. Seems he picked up a companion, it was an odd sight, usually the equines shifted into the creatures, not walk beside them. None the less, she didn't really care, all the power to the pair.

Mary inquires about his stay in Sylva and much to her hopes he announces that he has enjoyed Sylva, noting he was glad to be here. A gentle smile tugged at her lips, I am glad you are enjoying it, just wait until autumn! Her voice clearly expressing its enjoyment, the autumn season was her favorite time of the year in Sylva. The leaves turn all different colors, the now green kingdom will turn into a bright orange. The scent of the kingdom changed slightly as well, it carried a sweeter scent in the autumn, a last hoorah before the winter comes, killing off everything.

She takes note that as she speaks he carefully watches her, his attention was clearly with her. He already had basic diplomatic skills, his manners were pilot, and he was careful with his words. When she reveals why she had truly sought him out, he did not seem phased by it, instead he says he is glad to help out. She could tell he was a hard working equine, he was similar to Valdis, but Mary still could not decide on her motives.

None the less, she nods her head, glad to hear it. Her voice was gentle I can tell you are a very level headed equine, are you from beqanna? Either he was just lucky to have found these manners on his own, or he was raised up by diplomatically correct equines. regardless, you have great discipline, being a diplomat means that you are the middle man for the kingdom. You have to visit other kingdoms, easing a brewing fire, and sometimes creating one. Of course it is everyone's job to recruit, but diplomats are proven to be the best at it.

She pauses to make sure that he is tracking, that she wasn't talking to fast, or not making sense. You can be apart of the warrior caste if you think that is better, we even have spies, the choice is yours. But if I can say, I think you would make a fantastic diplomat, and since I am the head of diplomats, I would love to be in your company. Her voice remains gentle, and a smile tugs at her lips. She had to be particular with her 'friends', anyone could be out for her crown, anyone can be a spy for another kingdom. Regardless of who she speaks to, she always has to be careful what she says, anything can be used against her. It would be nice to, for once, be able to call someone a friend, to not think to hard about what she says aloud.

Long May She Reign

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

The question that now comes from Mary is one he hears quite a lot, perhaps he just didn't particularly look like he fit in completely, something he wasn't too fussy about "Thank you kindly, I am not from Beqanna no" he answers the mare with a smile, his head returning to face the direction they were walking in, the small fox beneath him still walking by his side, this time in a more calmed manner as Ruinam settled down.

Mary continues to speak of being a diplomat explaining what the title included, something that was rather intriguing. A diplomat, keeping things at balance when they needed to be, only tipping the scale if required to do so, quite the perfect role for Ruinam.
    The mare pauses for a moment, Ruinam nodding as he registers all the information, listening to her continue as he thinks it all through.

The role was still quite interesting, the more she speaks of it the more the stallion becomes curious, intrigued by everything the role contained.
    He nods his head in response as he begins to speak again, his tone a lot more confident this time "I most definitely would love to become a diplomat. I don't see myself becoming a warrior any time soon" he offers a laugh as he continues "I would be glad to help any way I can" he smiles again as he looks back toward him, avoiding any obstacles that stood along their path.  

Ruinam
    @[Mary] Sorry kinda short :/
    ruinam-500px
    She suspected that he was not from beqanna, mainly due to his lack of knowledge in the kingdom life. But he could have fooled her for a moment, his manners being on point. He confirms her suspicions, not born with beqanna blood. It was quiet alriht though, he would quickly learn the life.

She explains to him the diplomatic expectations, and the life itself. He agreed to work for his spot in this kingdom, and helping to build numbers would earn his spot.

He does not say much as she rattles off information, spitting out the important points. She could only do so much, giving him the basic pointers will help him to be the best. He would have to try his hand at it to truly grasp the knowledge.

Of course she pushes for him to join the diplomatic caste, she oversaw it. Sinner was much better on the war caste, and Mary on the diplomats. She saw potential in Ruinam, something about him that she wanted to see him suceed.

It was with relief that he agrees to be a diplomat, noting he does not think he would fit the warrior life. A smile tugs on her maw as the words bounce through her ears, she knew she picked him for a reason.

He finishes by saying he would like to help in any way and Mary just nods her head. The best way to grow and understand the diplomat life is to try it out for yourself. You are more than welcome to visit a kingdom, alone or accompanied. Also visiting one of the neutral lands will help you find nomads, an easy way to recruit someone. She finished with a humble smile, she shares more knowledge with him. He would have to learn on his own, and this would set him up for endless possibilities.

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

The ivory stallion turns to the mare, a smile still painted widely across his pink muzzle.
    She continues to speak of diplomatic duties and everything that came with it, it was quite the intriguing rank, Ruinam's ears constantly pivoting to listen to the mare's new information flooding into his ears.
    He keeps a constant nod as she continues to provide him with all the knowledge he would need, his crimson-red eyes drifting toward the path and back to the mare, unable to retain a constant view on the path, his eyes gently drifting toward her.

"I understand" he starts, his voice deeply radiating toward the mare as they continue to walk gently across the lightly damp terrain, now uncovered by the warm Summer breeze.
    "I will try to visit neutral kingdoms as often as I can" he begins again, his voice slicing through the stiff silence "As for other kingdom visits, I would love to accompany you to one if at all possible" his smile still holds a value of seriousness as he peers back toward his companion who is now lazily following them in the backdrop, rather unfazed by the whole thing.

He was rather lucky to have already secured a place in which he could live, he knew not all were always as lucky. For now, he would need to fulfil his own need to serve another, then maybe focus on settling down properly, only then could he uphold the balance peacefully.
    At the moment it looked as if upholding diplomatic relations would be the way to go, an interesting development for the male, his speech usually embedded in the loss of social interaction, something that was rather drastically different from what he was promising to do, or he had yet to promise to fulfil.
    Promises were a rather difficult thing to comprehend for Ruinam. The concept of them wasn't hard to grasp at all, it was more the idea of asking another to risk something they love, or even something love, to then base it all around a word, a promise. Something that could go wrong in a matter of seconds, possibly even spark wars.

It was something he wasn't quite happy to partake in, but he could always make an exception
    "I promise to help you and Sylva in any way that I can" 
    The words at first are hard to speak, but in the end flow freely, escaping his throat to leap into the world.

Ruinam
    @[Mary] Sorry very messy, it is late but I wanted to reply before I lost my muse
    ruinam-500px
    She had trained Corban and Sabrina how to be a diplomat, teaching them all she knew. But teaching someone who wasn't family was new to her, it was no only important to her to train Ruinam correctly, but for all of Sylva. He looked promising, and 0erhaps with her guidance he could one day be the advisor of the kingdom.

Her gaze shows no emotion when he responds, acknowledging her words, promising to visit other kingdoms. She only nods her head, returning it to a regal state, Very well. She responds, her voice had little emotion but was pleasant.

He promises to help Mary and Sylva in any way. Her ears prick forward as he says it, quiet the promise but she would take his word for it. She moves closer to the white stallion, her grey muzzle pressing against his shoulder affectionately. I know that you will Ruinam, if you ever find yourself in trouble make sure you find me.

As the queen of Sylva it was her job to protect her equines. As a diplomat you are putting your face out there, becoming more vulnerable to be stolen, or subject to war. She would not always be there to protect him, but she would do her best.

As the warmth of her muzzle leaves his shoulder she looks for his gaze once more. I suppose I have told you everything, do you have any other questions? She leaves it open-ended for him to inquire about anything.

@[Ruinam] SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER

winter wonderland

The stallion is easily drawn closer to the mare as they both speak, his mind focused on fulfilling his current desires as Mary speaks to him, his head in a constant nod, interrupted by the lack of speech, only to return as soon as the mare spoke.

The stallion smiles gently, he was ready to open up, allow himself to loosen up for once, his shoulders dropping as he returns his part in the conversation "Of course, I will do that" he looks back toward the path that they were walking along as he thinks about their meeting.
    Ruinam wasn't really one to get into trouble, but he was thankful that the mare was there for him if something were to go wrong.

The stallion returns his gaze toward Mary as she continues to speak, his ears turning to listen "I don't think so, well apart from if you would like me to do anything currently. Other than that, no not currently" his soft tone continues as he returns to the path, his smaller companion still weaving in and out of his legs, bored of walking with the pair.

Ruinam
    @[Mary] So short sorry!
    ruinam-500px