• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  As a rock in the sea; any

She's got the devil's eyes

She watches quietly as Eurwen focuses on shaping the rock before her, striving to craft something more notable than a shapeless lump of stone. Such intricacy is never easy to master, a thing accomplished only with time and practice. No doubt the girl would one day find creating as easy as breathing. But that day would certainly not come without days like these.

Heartfire had long ago learned the art of patience. Perfected that timeless skill until she could seemingly stand idle and waiting for hours. Truthfully, she is never idle. Never truly waiting. But there are few who are privy to that much knowledge about her. Likely fewer who might actually care.

Her blue eyes shift as the spotted girl finally takes notice of her, features easing into a smile as she offers a formal greeting. Her gaze is sharp and assessing on the young heir, quietly inscrutable and equally discomfiting. She tilts her head faintly as she regards Eurwen, as though considering the greeting she’d offered. After a moment, she steps closer, coming into a more comfortable distance for such conversations.

“You needn’t be so formal,” she finally says by way of greeting. “I certainly have no intentions of it.” She might have accepted the mantle and title, but that had not changed who she is or wishes to be.  She shrugs almost idly then before finishing, “If I hadn’t wished to be kept waiting, I would have said so.”

Blunt as ever, but there were many others Eurwen could learn diplomacy from. As far as Heartfire is concerned, there are for more important things a girl like her could learn. After another length of silence, the blue and white mare drops her gaze to the rock, curious. “Show me what you’ve done with it so far.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    As a rock in the sea; any - by Eurwen - 02-07-2019, 11:55 AM
    RE: As a rock in the sea; any - by Heartfire - 02-12-2019, 04:13 PM
    RE: As a rock in the sea; any - by Eurwen - 03-05-2019, 07:30 AM
    RE: As a rock in the sea; any - by Heartfire - 03-06-2019, 04:30 PM
    RE: As a rock in the sea; any - by Eurwen - 03-15-2019, 11:57 AM
    RE: As a rock in the sea; any - by Heartfire - 04-08-2019, 11:51 AM