• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire)

There was very little to love about the grandsire Wolfbane had only seen in his mind’s eye. From what he knew, Wyrm was a disaster of sorts. Impulsive, self-serving, and worst of all - a killer. He fed on the flesh of those weaker than him, and was labeled a child-eater by Bane’s own father. There seemed to be no boundaries he refused to cross and there wasn’t a goal he couldn’t achieve. As the steady rain settled like a cold chill over Wolfbane’s skin, he realized that the stories he’d always dismissed as fantasy were closer to the truth than he’d ever known.

Sadly, the pegasus drake had hoped beyond hope that there was something worth saving in his ancestor. Wyrm was a link to his past, someone who could unravel so many questions… but Heartfire, like his father, was quick to dispel that pipe dream.

Wyrm believed in the old ways, she told him. He nodded silently and kept his eyes trained on the firm, dark lines of her youthful face. The old ways? Yes, Bane knew of them. Lawless eruptions of magic, abuse of power and position. Most foals had learned of Beqanna’s history in hopes that the past would never be repeated, but here he can see a piece of that history still living, still breathing. Heartfire was now the only link he wanted to that past. The only link he could trust.

That link was now staring directly at him, shrouded by the shadows of their shared cedar tree and mischievously darkened with a rare smile. Wolfbane couldn’t help but feel confidence in that look; if his grandmere was smug that meant she was one step ahead of their mutual target. Wyrm should never have fucked with her, but Bane was kind of glad he did. The green stallion’s underestimation of Bane’s and Heartfire’s familial connection would be to their advantage. Together, they could finally put the sick bastard down.

“His existence threatens my family’s happiness.” Her grandson muttered in a low tone, grinding his teeth. “If you can help me now, I’ll see that our meeting to come will be his last.” He promised.

After all, he’d seen the pitiful state Wyrm had been in when Heartfire had sent him the vision. Blind, skin and bones. Ancient by Beqanna standards. He lacked immortality and seemed to have suffered all the worse for it. “You know his secrets. What can he do? I’ve had Kagerus walk into my nightmares and you alter my reality. I feel pretty confident that I could handle him.”

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Heartfire] novels make me happy <3
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 03-17-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 03-20-2019, 08:29 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 03-28-2019, 04:18 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 04-08-2019, 11:03 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 04-15-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 04-22-2019, 08:56 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 05-01-2019, 03:06 PM