• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire)

She's got the devil's eyes

So many underestimate the true power of knowledge. In a land where magic creates the laws and limitations, it can be so easy to overlook such a common and banal thing as simple information. Wolfbane had done so, when he had first met her. Had likely never imagined how dangerous she could be without even lifting a single hoof. She thinks he has begun to understand now. Has recognized that her confidence is more than mere arrogance (though she is certainly not immune to such foibles).

Still, it is as much a burden as it is a boon. Few enough recognize the power behind knowledge, and even fewer still understand how much weight that might settle onto one's shoulders. She is not omniscient, no matter how she might try. And that makes such a gift a dangerously double-edged sword.

Wyrm though, for all his attempts to make himself invisible to her, is not nearly as much a mystery as he might wish to be. Especially considering how well, and how long, they had known each other.

The briefest flash of disappointment tells her the blue and gold pegasus had hopedtheat perhaps he was mistaken in his understanding, but she would not tell him kind lies about his grandfather. No matter how much he might have wished to hear them. She had known for a very long time that Wyrm's interest in their children had been less familial than hers ever had. But then, while she might now recognize the faults in her logic, at the time, such considerations had been very low on her list of concerns. But she recognizes when the time has come to rectify her mistakes.

“To begin with, I strongly advise against underestimating him.” She fixes a meaningful stare on her grandson. His confidence would be necessary, but she would not let that same confidence be his undoing. “I know you must question what I ever saw in him,” she continues with faint, self-deprecating humor. “I will be the first to admit that I am not the most… acquiescent of women. But your grandfather held his own. It would be a mistake to believe time and age hinders him so greatly.”

She falls silent for a moment then, her gaze slipping from him to the iron-gray surface of the misty lake. She has never cared to re-visit her past so openly, even with her own relations. But it seems she could not escape it forever. “I think it might be best if I show you,” she finishes slowly, her gaze returning to Wolfbane. Whatever explanation she might offer would not be nearly as effective as a demonstration anyway.

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 03-17-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 03-20-2019, 08:29 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 03-28-2019, 04:18 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 04-08-2019, 11:03 AM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 04-15-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 04-22-2019, 08:56 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Heartfire) - by Wolfbane - 05-01-2019, 03:06 PM