• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

Crevan’s footfalls aren’t silent on the forest floor as leaves crackle and groan underneath. They catch Valdis’ attention, reeling her from the stormy musings that clouded her gaze. She blinks once, twice, then turns her head to regard the stranger with an unreadable expression for a fleeting moment. Nothing of him is familiar and yet he expertly navigates Sylva as though he belongs to its shadows. Scrutinizing him, she reads the curiosity on his face when he mutters a single name – on in which she, unfortunately, knows.

A scoff shatters the silence, unable to stifle her adamant distaste for the Queen and her children – even those that remain unborn.

”No,” she finally snips as she faces him now, inching closer to continue drinking in the sight of him. More words simmer and tickle the edge of her tongue – insults, really – but she swallows them down for the mild respect of a child. ”I don’t know where she is,” not that she cares what the princess is doing with her time. Admittedly, Valdis hasn’t ever cared much for Mary or anything she touches. When she initially arrived to Sylva, she only knew of promise and hope, but pieces of her life are flaking away. All because of her, because of Mary.

With a long sigh, she weighs the situation with slight resignation. ”Is there something else you needed that I could help with, or will you run off to find the girl?”

Valdis

@[Crevan]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Valdis - 04-29-2019, 03:22 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Crevan - 05-02-2019, 10:16 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Valdis - 05-04-2019, 04:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Crevan - 05-06-2019, 12:15 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Valdis - 05-16-2019, 08:27 PM