• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Shooting stars cannot fix the world - Heartfire

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

I’d always planned on going to Nerine again some day, as Breckin used to be my friend and I don’t think she would have appointed Heartfire if she didn’t believe she would do well - but Kagerus had spoken to the newest Khaleesi and there had been no need for me to go as well.

And then suddenly I needed to take the Cove’s crown. Unfortunately, with Pangea being a neglected mess, I would like to say things escalated quickly for me. Castile in a ‘we need unrest’ mood, is not one that benefited my short rule at all. Neither did Litotes’ hatred of me, which I don’t understand still. But we agreed to disagree and not disturb one another. That’s something, I guess. Just not what I had hoped to pass on.

Still I cannot neglect the North, and I refuse to pass on the crown without making sure our former alliance continues. My daughter grew up here. In fact, she died here too, though that had been an accident I could forgive whoever had started that chain of events for, since she bounced back - always will.

Certain things can’t be predicted, certain things are best said out loud instead of understood by using another’s vision. So I am here; a hello and a goodbye all in one. They’ve already met Dawn, when she was still a child in so many ways - I am certain they understand why I saw so much potential in her.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Heartfire] short but sweet I hope!
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

She's got the devil's eyes

With unrest so heavily in the air, balances had shifted all too easily. Heartfire had watched those tilting scales with a careful eye, content to keep Nerine from tipping one direction or another. It’s always so easy for alliances to bleed and shift in tumultuous times such as these, especially as crowns change heads and leaders follow power like hungry petals to the sun.

She remains quiet though. Nerine remains quiet. This is not their scuffle, nor would she make it theirs unless sufficiently provoked.

She watches the pale mare make her way into Nerine, curiosity blooming despite the fact she is already quite certain she knows why the woman had come. She had secured a relationship with the former rulers of Hyaline, but as leaders shift, so too do loyalties. But if Ilma is here, she suspects it means Hyaline wishes Nerine still in their corner. She knows enough of the woman to know that, while she would not shy from conflict, she certainly would not actively instigate it.

After a moment, she pushes forward, angling across the windswept cliffs in a trajectory that would allow her to intercept the pale woman. Soon enough, she reaches a comfortable distance, close enough for her low, simple greeting to reach the foreign diplomat.

“Ilma,” she begins. Though they had never met before, the woman couldn’t be terribly surprised she might know who she is. “What a pleasant surprise. What brings you to Nerine?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

I'm so sorry I'm literally the worst :/