• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

haunted by the ghost of you; vulgaris
    VulgariS
    " i could be ugly in loving you. filthy and soft-mouthed. wolf-tongued and terrible.
    i could carry my heart in my mouth like a bird dog to you, so gently i wouldn’t leave a mark. "

He knew he could never destroy the war machine that he helped to build. When the world asked him to choose, he rejected the offers and chose death instead. Vulgaris let it swallow him whole and slept for what felt like a hundred years in the blink of an eye. Larva doesn’t linger to answer her thanks but rather takes his few words and disappears in the distance like the ghost he’s always been. Her love works quickly to fill the void his family leaves and he finds himself smiling against her skin. How strange, to feel her lips on his bare face without the scales to dull her affections.

How strange to be so new and yet so old all at once.

Then I will live a thousand lives if each one is with you,” he says against her shoulder. She has risen from the ashes of his home but he will rise from his own grave to carry her back. The fire of his thousand-sun heart would have it no other way. He closes his green eyes and listens to her voice with his ear against her skin, admires how her voice sounds as it echoes off her ribs in this afterlife.

I didn’t know who I was before any of this. All I really knew for certain was that I loved you. It’s the one thing that’s kept me anchored when I thought all was lost.

His heart is all scar-tissue now from beating itself against the fortress of her magic but it can breathe a sigh of relief when she speaks again. The war in Tephra is over just as the war between them has died. Vulgaris finally lifts his head and breathes a slow sigh as he finds her eyes once more.

Let’s go home, Leliana. I miss our children.
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: haunted by the ghost of you; vulgaris - by vulgaris - 05-22-2019, 03:40 PM