• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wish you weren't so frickin' awkward, bud.
    The champagne mare is the one who affirms Aten's guess to their status, before saying his name back in order to address him. The bay mare then cut in, almost seeming to growl under her breath and insisting that they were not in the Meadow to search for a keeper. Aten never would've implied he would be assigning himself a task as such, he was merely curious as to why the two mares had been out here at a late hour to begin with.

The champagne mare snapped at the bay, and then explaining vaguely why they were out here. Aten sort of put it together himself; they just happened to be out here, since they did not call anywhere else home like he guessed himself. They could've been anywhere else, he just happened to catch them here.

He wondered, wanted to know, why the two mares did not call one of Beqanna's beautiful kingdoms home. Nerine, quite possibly, would make sense; it seemed they had a history there, perhaps a negative one that clued into why they were out on their own. Aten would not pry into their business; if they wished to share, of course he would listen, but it was not his business to ask.

The champagne mare spoke up again after a few moments of silence, her voice smooth and silky like Aten's coat once he shed out following the winter. She wondered what the stallion himself was doing out here late as well, something he had a simple answer to.

"I have been out from my home recently, exploring the other common lands for others that are currently on their active search for a place to call home," he explained, choosing his words carefully. He did not want to give the two mares the impression that he was trying to entice them to go to his kingdom, hence why he had said 'actively'.

If they asked more, he'd tell them. Until then, he'd keep quiet.

"I did not have much luck this time around, so I decided to return home to check on things and take a breather before going back to the Field. I decided to start making my journey home when my companion spotted the two of you and... insisted, that I introduce myself to you," he joked. "I won't deny of course that I was curious, which led to me coming over here to say hello."

@[wrena] @[OLEANDAR]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wish you weren't so frickin' awkward, bud. - by Aten - 06-16-2019, 10:18 PM