• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when it all falls down, sinner.
    OPHANIM
    Ophanim has stared death in the face and been pulled from its jaws. He knows the kind of monstrous strength required to snuff out the fickle flame of his life and it has made him more arrogant as a result. Sinner doesn’t have six tons of lean muscle or raging fire to pit against him and so he’s hardly a blip on the radar as far as threats go. He turns his head as the dog comes when he’s called. Good boy. A smile spreads across his gold and white face as he watches his four paws come loping across the forest floor.

I was born a trouble maker, little hound,” he says with a laugh, the after taste of smoke spreading over his tongue. “I’ll burn down more than Sylva. Maybe your family too.

And still he laughs, as though he’s told some harmless quip over dinner with a friend. The angel boy wonders if Castile will let him have the forest territory once they’ve ripped it from Sinner’s greedy hands. But then he would have to tear down all these trees and make it nice and open for all his sons and daughters to practice flying in. He tilts his head as he imagines the region as a smoldering pile of ash where Meraxes practices his own fire breathing. Perhaps Rupture and Bela could hunt the wildlife to extinction as they perfect their killing techniques.

These imaginings remind him how strong his young are and he smiles warmly at the thought before turning back to the hellhound. His bright blue eyes are too eager, too hungry for the destruction of another region.

Summer has dried out your little home. It would catch even faster than Tephra and with a fraction of the Loessian army.

Ophanim tips his chin upward and breathes another plume of fire onto a low hanging branch, watching as it catches along the rattling leaves and curls them to ash. Little ringlets of black soot drift over him but he is careful not to catch the higher branches. Can’t have the entire area burning down already when an entire year of this lies ahead of him.

Do you think Castile will let me be Lord of Sylva once he’s done with you? You could still live here, of course, but my children may not be kind to you.

His eyes remain trained on the withered branch as he remembers when he could breathe fire for hours at a time.
    you could drown in those eyes, i said.
    @[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    when it all falls down, sinner. - by Ophanim - 06-14-2019, 12:24 PM
    RE: when it all falls down, sinner. - by Sinner - 06-17-2019, 01:33 PM
    RE: when it all falls down, sinner. - by Ophanim - 06-18-2019, 11:49 AM
    RE: when it all falls down, sinner. - by Sinner - 06-19-2019, 05:49 PM