• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lean on me, when you're not strong; Heartfire/Brennen

She's got the devil's eyes

Dusk had fallen, giving way to the shadowy blanket of night. Only the half moon and blanket of stars illuminate Nerine in the late evening hours, glimmering off the disquieted waters of her shores. For the blue and white woman who stands idly atop the cliff, the brightness of the night sky is more than sufficient for her to survey her kingdom.

A quiet had settled over the land with the setting of the sun, but she had long ago grown accustomed to the quiet. She often uses the stillness of the hour to catch what things she might have missed during the day. Though she appears absent, lost in thought as she stares out to sea, she is anything but.

And so the Taigan woman’s abrupt departure and flight into Nerine does not go unnoticed by the Nerinian queen. She is unsurprised when Brennen reaches out to her, the thread of thought imparting the woman’s urgency. She hasn’t the magician’s ability to appear in the blink of an eye, so she is admittedly slower in her response. But she is easily able to keep an eye on things as she moves from her clifftop perch towards the winged stallion and anxious neighbor. It is also a simple enough matter to follow the threads that brought her here. To understand what had sent her fleeing across the border.

The realization brings a sigh to her lips, a flicker of exasperation.It seems she needs to have a very urgent discussion with a certain descendent of hers.

“I suspect,” she begins by way of greeting as she approaches the pair, “it may have a great deal to do with my grandson.” Her voice is clipped as she says it, but when her gaze turns to golden mare, her features ease, smoothing into something faintly more gentle. “You did the right thing, coming here.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lean on me, when you're not strong; Heartfire/Brennen - by Heartfire - 06-21-2019, 10:37 AM