• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't know who you are but I, I'm with you; Azlan
    For weeks Lethy had wandered. She had slowly watched winter fade and melt away to spring, she had watched absently as flowers bloomed beneath her hooves. Life was simply there, her only purpose was to breath in and breath out. Nothing mattered to her anymore. She had lost to much before arriving in Beqanna and even here she had found out that she couldn't be apart of something bigger. 

Her thoughts quivered on that day by the river. The pain shuddering her heart as she thought about her daughters soft, cold cheeks. She had been perfect, golden buckskin like herself with a brilliant blue mane and tail like her father. She had been perfect, until the plague had rendered Lethy with exhaustion, the reason her daughter couldn't survive, Lethy was convinced. She was so small, born early, but yet just the day before she had felt so powerful inside her womb.

Lethy shook her head, and continued walking pausing to lip at the soft green grass oblivious to where she was heading or who she was passing. She had wondered into a gentle sloping "den" of sorts, filled with flora of light spring colors. Her ears perked as her surroundings became intriguing, she had absently followed a path traveled by many mothers over the years. The scent of children past and present fell on Lethy, pulling the ache from her heart and momentarily bringing her out of the self-loathing hole she had shoved herself into.

She scanned the trees that lined the den and came to settle on a patch of flowers, deep purple like the color of her iris'. As she pulled closer to the wild flower patch, a small golden figure came into view tucked away into the middle, sleeping restlessly. Her amethyst eyes softened as she spoke, "Hello there, where is your mother?" softly she lipped at the child's tangled mane hoping to wake her but not spook her. 
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Elle Belle]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677