• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  so much time

and all the quiet nights you bear, seal them up with care
    no one needs to know they’re there, or i will hold them for you

Brunhilde knows exactly why she offered to accompany Oriash to Silver Cove: selfishness, and . . . mostly selfishness. There is a certain curiosity she possesses, a need to know why the little nightmare does not return to her birthplace. The leopard-marked girl offered her straight-forward answers in their first meeting, and Hildy does not doubt their truth, but she knows there must be more beneath that bluntness. She knows there is pain there, resentment - there must be. After all, the flame-weaver cannot imagine anyone feeling other than she would.

They arrive at the Cove’s border. Brun does not mind her companion’s silence; in fact, she welcomes it, because even the most probing of creatures need their solitude. What small talk they did have died off quickly, and the little flame melted into what secrets their mutual silence possessed. There is a moment where the two are quiet when they should not be, and Hildy steps forward to just make an entrance into the Cove. This is her father’s kingdom, and she has no reason to think he would keep her out. Any visitor she brings with her will also be welcomed with open arms.

Brunhilde, wait, is Khal’s loud demand. She looks back at her lion companion with a roll of her eyes until she realizes he is gesturing at an approaching mare. Hildy straightens with a clearing of her throat. She knows who this is, because she is a nosy creature and irritated by all of her father’s other offspring.

Irritation scratches at the back of her throat when Isilme addresses Oriash first. Her nostrils flare with a deep breath, but Khal’s gentle brush against her legs calms her. “I know who you are,” she replies, a smile as sharp as a sword parting her lips. “I’m Brunhilde, and this is Khal. You and I are half-sisters.” Hildy stops herself from tacking on a few more snotty phrases; instead, she casts a glance back at Ori, hoping she will take on a more . . . diplomatic approach.

brunhilde

@[Oriash] @[isilme] i guess this needs to be tagged as mature because boobs

Messages In This Thread
    so much time - by Oriash - 07-22-2019, 11:58 AM
    RE: so much time - by isilme - 08-01-2019, 12:11 PM
    RE: so much time - by brunhilde - 08-02-2019, 03:02 PM
    RE: so much time - by Oriash - 08-07-2019, 09:01 AM
    RE: so much time - by isilme - 10-07-2019, 01:18 PM