• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you've got a lot to learn in the ways of me; adria or anyone

-Adria-

The key to Adria’s beginning is all in the flourish. No matter who visits these shores, if Adria is there to greet them she intends to do so with a flash of showmanship. Ischia is no kingdom, nor is she a territory. She has no place among the larger bodies of power in Beqanna, not yet anyway, and so her purpose is to serve the needs of outsiders who want to peek at the tropical paradise.

This service Adria provides well enough. Past these waters she is content to be nothing and no one of significance, but here she is Dame above all else, and that title seeps into every gentle expression of concern or lighthearted laugh Adria musters. Starsin of Loess could see it plainly enough, but the Nereid has no idea she can see past it, and therefore her thoughts are free-running while the newcomer speaks.

Sylva; the name is familiar to her. A Loessian outpost, practically landlocked and set apart from every other place by its quirky decorating style. Interesting, Adria thinks, that a southerner would risk exposure in ‘enemy’ territory just to pop in for a welfare check. Leliana’s words came back to her, brisk as the first time they were spoken. Loess is an epicenter of selfish, cruel behaviors, she'd warned her new inhabitant. None of that accusation could be mistaken for anything other than hate.

But was Adria judge, jury, and executioner?

It takes her only a moment to recall that she’d stayed out of the war herself when it could’ve been so easy to interject.

“Yes,” The seahorse encourages Vita’s shaky reply, nodding, “you presume accurately.” The Dame chuckles. She transitions smoothly into the role, offering “Are you needing rest, perhaps a drink?” before the tilt of her demure eye sharpens, glinting. “Maybe someplace quiet for talking?”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Starsin] @[Vita]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a lot to learn in the ways of me; adria or anyone - by Adria - 08-06-2019, 08:53 PM