• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One more kiss could be the best thing; Adria

He had to wait for low tide to cross a half submerged sand bar that connected Tephra to Ischia. Though his new form granted him a few extra inches in height, the weight of his muscles and horns made it difficult for him to swim in places he could not reach. 

Nothing would stop him from seeing Adria, though.

And so he went, the salt water lapping at his legs. It did not take long for him to cross to the lushes,  jungle island. It was in fact every ounce of beautiful that Adria had described. His dark eyes trailed the beach and jungle edge infront of him. He wondered if she would sense his presence. 

Anxiety climbed up inside of him as he waited. He was so different now, taller, broader. He had cloven hooves, a bovine tail, and a menacing pair of horns. Would she still find him every ounce of perfect as she had before.

Their time together wafted gently through his mind. Her body curved into his as they walked. Her sweet smell tantalizing his nostrils as he breathed her in. Her bright eyes causing his heart to skip precious beats, beats he never wanted back because she caused him to lose them. 

He stood silently, patiently, until he saw her move from the Jungles edge the sun glistening against her soft skin. She was just as perfect as the first day he had met her and his breath stuck to his lungs, scared to escape into her presences incase she told him to leave and never come back.

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

@[Adria]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)

-Adria-

At first everything about her might seem perfect from far away. She’s standing at the shady edge of the jungle, her mane tumbling down her shoulders and nose, just staring out into the bright sun and down at the beast who’d come ashore. Adria has no idea it’s Jakub. In fact, she worries about what this strange horse has come for, swimming on heavy feet past the tropical blue and out onto the sand. He seems so imposing and large, ferocious with his horns but somehow familiar with those blue eyes.

“Jakub?...” She finally guesses when his scent wafts over her.

Adria can’t be sure but the more she stares into his eyes and the closer she gets, the more it seems like the same stallion she’d met on Tephra. This close though he could probably see that neither of them were the same as before.

Adria is actually pregnant. Hard to notice from a distance but it’s there: the slight swell of her belly and the swing in her hips. She’s probably a few days away from dropping her foal.

“Is it really you?” She wants to know, entirely forgetting the state she’s in. A few jungle flowers tumble loose from her mane and fall to the ground. Her bright eyes can’t seem to make sense of the horns and the tail, or the way his own feet are shaped.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Jakub]

A beautiful oblivion.

That is what he fell into every time he stands in her prescence. The air that gripped at his lungs slipped slowly away as she approached him. His dark blue eyes searched her face, her body, drinking her in as if he could force a permanent image of her in his mind.

He watched the flowers tumble to the ground, slipping from her sandy mane. The same mane he hand gently tucked his own flower into. His eyes traveled up her legs following a trail he wished to become familiar with.

His brow dipped for only a moment as his eyes took in her swollen sides , and for a moment his heart dropped. He knew they had not discussed their relationship, if that is what you could call it, but to think of her with another knotted his insides in a way he had not expected. His surprise did not last long though, he was prepared to support her in anyway he could, if she'd let him.

Finally, his eyes traced the soft curve of her neck and the striking lines of her face a smile tracing his maw. Though his body was fierce in all it's differences now his eyes still held all the tenderness he felt for her. He was different on the outside but he was still the passionate protector he always was. Adria. he breathed as she finally made her way to him, questioning if it was really him. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. he said with all the sincerity he could muster.

He knew he had been gone for to long. After completing his quest he had locked himself away in his secluded pool he had once shown her. He needed to get used to the changes he had endured. He did not want to hurt anyone or misstep with his new abilities. He was still uncertain he had unlocked every change, but he had forced himself out of seclusion. He was scared that Adria would not appreciate him for what he was now and for the longest time it wasn't an idea he could face. But he needed to see her again, so here he was.

I understand if you don't want to see me. Alot has changed. he said slowly, softly.

JAKUB

@[Adria]

-Adria-

Things fall away when Adria is with Jakub. The sky and the sea, the smells and sounds around her all go quiet and blurry. When it first happened, Adria couldn’t look away. That’s still the same now. But after the initial shock of just looking at him like he was, Adria adjusted her surprise and accepted the changes for what they were. The horns, tail, hooves and skin were new traits. Jakub had dabbled in magic. Beqanna was a magical place, so it made sense.

Even Adria had gone through a few changes since childhood. So did her mother, and so did her grandmare.

Which is why she suddenly looks confused when Jakub starts apologizing. For not telling me? She thinks. Not telling me what?
    Was Jakub saying that he’d planned a while ago to try and change himself, that Adria was staring at the results? And he just didn’t tell her beforehand?
    “It’s alri-” She tries to tell him, then stops. She can’t finish while he’s saying something about them not seeing each other.

Facil, facil!” The little water mare laughed when Jakub finished. It was hard for her not to switch to her native tongue; she looked flustered and a bit confused. “What is it you mean? ‘A lot has changed’? What? Are you different on the inside too?” The island Dame giggled softly.

No… she would know. Just by staring into the pale blue of the bull-stallion’s eyes she could tell he was fine. Acting a bit silly and sad, but fine.

“I wasn’t expecting… this,” The mare motioned with her nose towards the crown of horns, “but it’s a nice surprise. I’m just happy you came like you said you would.” She sighed happily, her goldenrod-colored eyes narrowing when her cheeks rose in a smile.

@[Jakub]

He sucked down a lung full of air as he finished and she began to talk and then giggled. He let the air escape rapidly, tussling her sandly forelock slightly as a smile pulled at the corners of his mouth and a chuckle escaped with it. The weight of the world couldn't have kept me away, and trust me these things weigh a ton. he said half jokingly, half serious as he rolled his eyes up to his horns wagging his head for a moment. his gaze traveled back to Adria his eyes crinkling to match hers.

He had missed her, and the way she looked at him. He was pleased that it had not changed even though he had. He did not expect her to be shallow minded or care that he looked different, but something had always tugged at his mind since the day he had met her. He did not want to disappoint her. He wanted to forever protect her and if she asked he would tell her this and why he had asked for magic in this way. The quest had started before he had met her but she had only quickened the process and his decision.

You are still just as beautiful and your home... he said changing his statement quickly so she couldn't object to his compliment his eyes trailing the dense jungle inland and the flowers clinging to the ground, Is every ounce beautiful as you said. Do I get the grand tour? he looked back at her teasingly. You can tell me how you've been, along the way. his boyish grin qwuirked at the corner of his mouth.

JAKUB

-Adria-

Well, from the look of Jakub’s sigh Adria seems to have lifted an incredibly heavy weight off his shoulders. She eyes him in near disbelief, half amused that he would worry so much over her little opinion but mostly surprised by what he’s saying. The weight of the world couldn’t have kept him away… but what about the force of the sea?

Laughing, the Dame enjoyed how Jakub poked fun at himself. It was easier to joke and be lighthearted rather than focus on how bent he’d been to get back home, get back here to Ischia so he could see her. That reality was too confusing for Adria to think about. She would never have guessed that their previous interaction had given him inspiration to quest. Visting the mountain, playing with magic… these things were dangerous.

“For you?” She matched his playful grin with a sweeping one of her own, positively breathtaking. “A tour, a vacation, whatever you like!” Adria promised, leading the way from shoreline to jungle grove. Truly, she thought as a fresh wave of heat warmed her cheeks, whatever your heart desires.

It wasn’t hard to imagine the feeling of his broad, trunk-like chest or those strong, iron-clad legs. The water mare slipped underneath green vines and crept expertly over a fuzzy green carpet that covered bulging roots, thinking of Jakub and his blue eyes… those impressive horns… that sly grin the entire time they walked.

“My body has seen a better shape.” She perked up after the silence was too loud. The dig at her pregnancy was made in jest; she felt addressing the elephant between them was best done first. “But I find work to be done. Ischia is growing, grain by grain.” The Nereid huffed. Crossing the main Island on hoof wasn’t an easy feat right now, so she decided to stop in a quiet grove of low-growing banana palms and catch her breath.

Looking up at the towering bull, Adria grinned through the discomfort. “Does it bother you?” She wanted to know. “My belly?”

@[Jakub]

A vacation? That might be exactly what he needed. Tephra has grown and had started rebuilding tremendously well since the war. Those who had fled and wanted to return had and those who wanted to stay away were hiding quiet well, so his time and energy were no longer needed quite as much.

His smile softened at the idea as he followed her away from the beach and into the island jungle. The large roots and mossy covered floor were not difficult for him to maneuver.  The real challenge were the vines that hung low. They seemed to grow thicker and closer together here than on Tephra soil. He had spent many months getting to know his paths in his homeland, but this place was new in its landscape. The vines clung to his horns wrapping and tangling as he followed Adria. The predicament, however, did not faze him as he simply ripped the vines from their trees, his eyes locked on Adria infront of him.

From this angle it was much more evident that she was expecting life soon, but the roundness to her frame only pulled at his smile more. It gave her petite frame and delicate curves a glow he had not noticed before. She was every ounce the woman he found himself seeking after.

He had spent so much time watching and matching the rhythmic motion of her fluid hips and listening to her soft, caressing voice that he had nearly forgotten to take in the landscape around him. The jungle opened before them into a small grove housing a few banana palms that Adria placed herself beneath turning to look at Jakub. Vines clung to his horns dropping down to frame his large black face as she asked him if her belly bothered him.

What a silly question, it seemed to him, to ask. He looked back at her thoughtfully for a moment, How could something that's apart of you ever bother me? he said his blues softening at the idea. I am sure they will be perfect. After all you helped create them.

Maybe she didn't think for a second after their first meeting that he would fall head over hooves for her, but that is exactly what had happened. She had been on his mind every day since. It was true they did not know much about each other. He had never believed in love or soulmates, but staring at Adria now perfect in everything she was; a leader, a friend, a mother, he was inclined to change his mind. I've missed you. he said dropping his face level to hers, his baritone voice soft and tender.

JAKUB

@[Adria]

-Adria-

Jakub’s wide horns were covered in a cross-cross weave of green rope and loose tendrils that hung beside his cheeks, oddly ceremonial. He looked positively beastly wrapped in vines, which Adria couldn’t help smiling at. She grinned perfectly when he complimented the idea of her soon-to-be foal and thought, how wonderful, that he should so bravely endure the physical manifestation of another stallion’s work. Jakub could see past the rest and view her for what she was: a mother, first and foremost. He wasn’t the jealous type, either.

Her golden eyes slid leisurely across the slant of his wide, dark shoulders, making their way up along his chiseled neck. What would someone like him have to be jealous of anyways? She wondered.

“Mhmm,” She murmured, laughing softly about the idea that he missed her, “what it is about me that you missed most, hm?” The Dame quizzed, grinning like a lazy housecat in a patch of sunlight. Her desire was to learn forward and bury the end of her colorful nose into corner of his mouth, but the way he was looking at her kept Adria from doing it.

There’d be too much at stake if she did. If she gave in, it could end everything that’d begun these past few months. All of the ripples which were starting to makes waves would die, and the way Jakub looked at her… the way his blue velvet eyes begged her to love him were so incredibly, desperately appealing that she almost gave in.
    She almost gave in.

“Tell me about what ah, happened? Why do you look like a wild bull now?” The Nereid changed the subject quickly, avoiding the intensity between them as long as she could manage.

@[Jakub]

They stood closely together, so close that Jakub could feel the extra heat Adria's body carried with her expectant foal and if he hadn't of been so dark one would probably see the flush in his cheeks. His eyes locked to hers softly and he could tell that she wanted to give in but for some reason or another she wouldn't.

Jakub did not know of her plans for Ischia or that loving him would complicate those plans. If he had known he would like to think he would support her in all of her endevours, that is what one does when they care about someone. Adria murmurs a question about what he missed about her and her laugh tickles his ears in the softest way. A soft laugh parts his own lips as his breath tickles her sandy forelock, but just as quickly she seems to pull away in all the intensity between them. Jakub is disappointed for only the briefest of moments as the mood settles between them. Adria may be intent on refraining herself from falling into him, but he did not share those feelings. Of course, he would never intentionally make Adria uncomfortable but he would not give up quite so easily.

She switches the conversation quickly, asking after his new beastly form. And his smile fades enough to tell her a story. Remember how I told you during the war there was a pegasus who rushed the innocent ones I gathered on the beach? He was intent on killing every last one for no better reason then he simply could. You know I tried, I tried as hard as I could to protect them. I didn't win that battle though, in fact I almost died, if something else hadn't of taken the pegasus attention forcing him to leave I'm sure I would of along with every other innocent horse on that beach.

Afterwards I realized that though I have never been weak there are forces stronger than I could ever conquer in this world. When I was a boy in the world I grew up in there was a day that was like any other. Us kids were playing, our mothers were grazing, and our fathers where taking care of business. It was a quite day, except for the large cat that stalked the edge of our home watching us. I don't know where he came from, but when the cat attacked a large bull protected my herd. He didn't live with us, didn't consort with us in any way, and yet he protected us.

Jakub's gaze drifted across the small clearing as his mind drifted across the memory. I want to be like that bull. I want to protect the innocent no matter where they come from - friend or foe, my friends, my family. But I could never do that like I was and so I went to the mountain, not seeking power to conquer or destroy - though I'm sure I will have to make those decisions at some point, but to protect. his eyes found Adria's once again, soft and crinkled at the edges, Meeting you only made that decision stronger. When I went back, the mountain found me worthy of this form. he ended his story pivoting to stand beside Adria his rough leathery sides pressing softly against her velvety barrel. He towered over her more so when they first met but it seemed to Jakub that she still fit like a puzzle piece next to his side. He glanced down at her his nose blowing soft air across her cheek, while the vines that tangled down from his horns cascaded above her crest.

He gave her a moment to think and respond and then asked a question of his own, What are your plans for Ischia? And for yourself, and your children? he was curious to see if he held a place in those plans or if he would need to work harder for her affections.

JAKUB

@[Adria]

-Adria-

Once upon a time Clayton had fooled her into believing the white knight fairytale. He had a dark sienna coat and two prong horns that twisted out from his forehead sharply. Adria was so charmed by his demeanor that even now, knowing what she knew about him, the memory of his eager smile made her chest tight. For Jakub’s sake she wishes that she could return to that era in her life, only in order to meet Jakub instead of Clayton, and maybe then the Nereid would’ve relented to the current pressure of Jakub’s advances. But a wish like hers was simply impossible.

Breathing shallow puffs of air, Adria tilted an ear toward the mythical stallion and then caught his eye. She listened while resting, growing increasingly aware of how much his scent permeated the space around them. Not only could she smell the remote wilds of Tephra’s sporadic jungle, but Adria could also sense a heavier odor lingering too. Jakub’s presence reminded her of coming across a particularly feral animal; he looked imposing as well as smelled dangerous.

She saw why he might’ve emulated that wild bull as a young colt. The way he told it brought images of a black beast mangling a tawny yellow wildcat, and Adria shivered. So he went seeking that kind of power, She thought to herself, barely feeling how he pushed against her, and our meeting made him feel like he needed to… protect me? the seahorse stifled an impolite laugh. She was so lost in her own contemplation over what Jakub had told her that when she glanced up and found a massive, black nose hovering there she couldn’t help but look shocked.

Bon mèt!” Adria exclaimed, and then laughed a silly, airy type of laugh. The kind that smoothed over mistakes and turned them into happy accidents. “Those are three questions! I only asked you two,” She closed her eyes and stuck her nose out with a grand flourish, as if to wave away Jakub’s eagerness. “and just as you have ignored one of mine, I think I will also ignore one of yours.” The little island mare decided, smirking. Inside her chest, a delicate heart fluttered.

Still graceful despite her soon-to-be-born foal, Adria stepped forward gently and began her journey further towards the center of Ischia’s cluttered jungle. “My plans for Ischia right now include securing alliances, of a sort.” The Dame sighed, happy for the change in conversation. “If we want to grow we’ll need friends. A support group.” She explained, nimbly avoiding green roots and ducking low-hanging leaves.

“And for my children… oh!” The twice-over mother laughed wistfully, like a wizened old nursemare instead of the immaculately youthful Nereid she was, “I want to give them the world. Whatever their hearts long for…” And as a mother she quietly prayed that her young ones would desire success.

That left his third question, which Adria politely kept to herself under the lock and key of a tight lip that was still smirking.

@[Jakub]