• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten)
    Their security in the northern woods has not been concerning to Lepis, even when she had been unable to perform patrols herself. Even during her difficult pregnancy she had been mobile enough to move about, and the edges of the redwood territory had always been well-traveled. She knew that her mate and children walked them, and Aten’s frequent scent had not come as a surprise. For all the champagne’s stallion dislike of the rulers, he has never let that interfere in the service and protection that he provides Taiga. Lepis had expected that, and the year-long proof has gone far to soften her heart toward the forest’s protector. That he does not feel the same is not something that worries Lepis; so long as he cares for the land she is willing to look past most other things.

Such other things include being frequently watched by a pair of golden eyes.

Aten’s confirmation of this via congratulations on her childbearing brings a wry smile to her face – she does not enjoy being watched, but it is a small price to pay. “Thank you Aten. Her name is Celina.” It is always easy to speak of her children, she finds, and this is no exception. “I suspect this year’s children might bring more excitement to the woods than we’ve seen in a while.” Her smile is indulgent, pleased at the thought of the three children – Celina, Owin, and Popinjay - gallivanting through the woods, brightening the misty forest with their pattering hooves and shouts of laughter.

The golden stallion brings up the matter that she’s come for, and Lepis nods her blue muzzle in affirmation. “Yes,” she says, “I think now is a good time. I’d like to send out envoys to the other lands, but first I wanted to speak with you, and learn what the Taiga’s ties were with the other lands prior to our arrival. I have familial ties to Loess,” she tells him, “and plan to make others, if my children are agreeable.” The bonds of blood are hard to break, but Aten has voiced concerns in the past over the risk of favoring blood rather than their word.

“Our land is growing,” she adds, thinking of not only the arrival of the children, but also of Liliana, Let, Bethlehem and Aries. “I would like to ensure that they are taken care of in case something happens to me.” Wolfbane will care for the children, she knows, but they would return to Loess on the rare chance of tragedy. This is Lepis’ dream, after all; Wolfbane is simply along for the ride. “I’d like to make you my successor, the heir of Taiga, if that is something you are interested in.” Her verbal promises that she would not leave the territory to just anyone are one thing, but perhaps the official title might grant Aten more security and less doubt of her intentions.

@[Aten]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten) - by Lepis - 08-12-2019, 07:37 AM