• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten)
    Aten would not deny that he was left curious by the deeper meaning in Loess' words, but this made sense; after all, he was technically not raised as royalty. Ruan may have led the Taiga, but by that time, Aten was a grown stallion and treated with respect in general simply because he gave it to others as well. He could not have known how the lives of some horses raised as the next in line for the throne had it during foal hood, whether because of the pressure that they would rule one day, the goals their parents had, worrying about who to trust... it was an endless list, really.

Lepis confirmed Aten's suspicion that the redwood kingdom was indeed allied with Loess. She expressed that she was not fond of Sylva either. Aten may not have had the personal history that the mare did, but he had heard a number of things about the autumn land. He did not have a quick desire to go there, not unless it was absolutely needed.

The stallion shook his head with Lepis apologized for getting lost in her thoughts; there was no need for such a thing. Aten did the same all the time. She stated her plan of having Aten and Lethia travel to the Island Resort together, something Aten was pleased about. He would enjoy having some time alone with the pretty buckskin mare, and knew that Owin and Popinjay would be well protected here. He would take some time though to consider asking Turul to either stay or go with them; there would be useful times for the falcon to be on both sides.

Then, Lepis goes on to state why she was asking Aten to take the throne. She wished for her children to one day do so, but wanted them prepared. Aten may not be of royal blood, much less that of Lepis', but he was grown, knew his way around the kingdom, and if he had to say so himself, smart in the mind and soft with his tongue. He always thought things through and very rarely made a rash decision.

Aten took a moment, "I can say that, like yourself, I would like for one of my own future foals to take the throne one day. But like you, I want them prepared. I will keep your children close so that I will be able to make the decision of which one to hand the throne should they prove indeed worthy. Though, with you and Wolfbane raising them, I do have high hopes. And, with your request, I will be honored to be your successor should I prove worthy when you decide to hand it down.

"In regards to the Island Resort, I will let Lethia know. I have my own opinions about Taiga of course, but I would like to know what information you would like for me to emphasize on our trip there. How would you like us to approach the leader? Sadly, we cannot claim to have a large defensive force in place yet, unless you count Nerine, the Isle, and Loess. But perhaps the Island is not in great terms with one of them, and I do not wish to put all my eggs in one nest."

@[Lepis]

OOC: Terribly sorry for the wait; many things have kept me very busy.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten) - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 10:27 PM