• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten)
    Though Taiga's own protective forces did not number beyond a few members of full size yet, Aten could see that offering all the numbers they had could prove to be an advantage. So he would do as Lepis suggested and take into account all the horses they had in their forces, and hopefully that would be enough to peak Ruinam's interest.

The Queen instructed him to avoid mention of Nerine however, and when she explained why, Aten could see reason. However, that plan befuddled his mind; moving the seat of power from Nerine to Taiga? A kingdom that bordered nearly every other land in Beqanna's heart?

He listened to what else Lepis had to say regarding Nerine, not surprised by Heartfire's reaction to the proposal. And that Lepis had asked Castile to take Taiga as a territory of Loess? Aten did not see that as a smart move himself. Even if other lands were allied with each other, if one kingdom existed that had three subdivisions in addition to itself, others might grow unhappy with that and break out in unnecessary conflict. There was also the problem that it would require a deal be made between Heartfire and Castile; what if one side did not? Aten did not know if the roan queen had a good standing with Loess' king. If they didn't...

No kingdom could afford that, especially Taiga. The land was still healing from the effects of the Plague, Aten could sense it in his bones.

Lepis said she'd revisit the matter later with Heartfire herself, but Aten made a note that he would speak to the roan queen as well if she did not approach him first. This was a more serious matter, and though they were still in the early stages of friendship, Aten had known the roan queen longer than Lepis. He could stand to reason that Heartfire might find more logic in his words than that of the dun mare.

The last piece of news Aten was instructed to share involved steals and challenges, which would not be conducted among the allied kingdoms, should Island Resort agree, except for practice. He was encouraged to find out about the alliances Island Resort held, and would inform them in turn of Taiga's own.

A lot of good information to share, given that Island Resort would hopefully be on at least neutral territory with Loess and Pangea.

"I will be sure to relay all of this information to Lethia as well so she knows what ammunition we are walking into this meeting with," the golden stallion stated, "But before I go to her, I would like to offer my two bits on something else. I understand why Heartfire would be hesitant, but transferring the seat of power from Nerine to Taiga? I do not find that a move in the best interest myself.

"If Heartfire were to agree, and Taiga became the new throne of the northern kingdoms, it would be much easier for other forces against our kingdoms to move in and try to usurp it. We would have lands to flee to in the north if we must, but it would make our land vulnerable, and if there were perhaps a move on Taiga's forests that we did not know of, Nerine and the Isle would have little time to assist.

"With Taiga blocking the northern path to Nerine, it acts as a barrier to give them the time they need to prepare their own forces if we remain in the redwoods to fight back.

"And in giving Taiga to Castile's lands, it would mean Nerine has one less territory. What if one day, perhaps, the alliance between Loess and Nerine were to fail? It would leave Nerine and the Isle vulnerable themselves to claim from an enemy kingdom should one try to move in.

"Understand I am not undermining what time you put into thinking of this consideration for Taiga's future," Aten trailed off into softer conversation, "But I worry what it could mean if the throne was moved into an easier target spot, or Taiga's territory was traded which may help others see through the eye of Nerine's vulnerabilities if it only has two lands. I know it is based more off hypothetical judgment, but every option must be considered."

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: saw the fault line; started panicking (Aten) - by Aten - 09-01-2019, 06:42 PM