• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I have seen to many men go down;Leliana

After he had ran into Wolfbane on his recent trek to Taiga he left promptly to return to Tephra. The redwoods grew closer together as the jungle trees began to take over as he left the border. Once he had put enough distance between him and Wolfbane his body pushed him into a run, an unnaturally fast run. It did not take him long to navigate through the thick Jungle terrain. He had spent plenty of time tucked away into his own little oasis getting used to navigating his large body amongst the tight corners and covers of the foliage of his home. 

He had broke a light sweat across his hide as he broke through the last of the trees before it opened up into the plane's before the volcano. Despite the sweat and dirt that streaked his body his heart and stamina held strong as if he had only walked here at a casual pace. He called for Leliana as he came upon the beach. He sank into the sand rather abruptly and came to a stop. 

First Loess attacks Tephra and then they take over Sylva and now they have their hooves in Taiga. He needed to tell Leliana. No matter how you told the story it was not good news for Tephra or even Beqanna. Loess was dangerous, and after fighting Wolfbane during battle to keep him away from the defenseless he did not expect anything less from the new ruler.

Jakub's eyes scanned the ground around him and the sky above him for his queen. He waited patiently even though his body language suggested anything but. 

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

@[Leliana]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)

She keeps tabs on Jakub as best she can without imposing on his sense of privacy. She doesn’t have any desire to monitor him or make him feel like she didn’t trust him. It was more of a way for her to ensure the safety of her kingdom mates and her family. She wasn’t perfect at it (her magic was still a volatile and unruly thing) but she was getting better at it—getting better at sending regular pings to check on them.

So it does not take her long to realize that he is back home and that something is wrong.

She doesn’t waste time taking to the skies and instead opens up a portal in a rush of petals and leaves and steps through it, some of the foliage falling down on her neck and back as she walks up to him. “Jakub,” she says his name quietly, studying the new changes in her Alpha. “You have changed,” there is a small smile that curves the corner of her lips but worry that darkens her hazel eyes. “How are you?”

If anyone knew the stress that could come with sudden changes, it was Leliana.

She wouldn’t ever be able to help herself from worrying about it.

But there is something in her that knows that whatever he is experiencing is more than just the physical change or whatever magic has taken root in him. So she grows quiet. “Is there something you need?”

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[Jakub]

The flurry of portals and flowers do not surprise him anymore. If this had been a day when he was new, the abruptness would of surely thrown him off course. On this day however, he welcomes the flurry of petals and leaves mixed delicately together with the scent and sight of his queen.

He dips his head in greeting as he let's her take in all of his changes. His horns dip forward, the sun glistening off of their tips. His muscles twitched beneath his leathery hide as he let's his body relax only a little. You have changed, how are you? she questions with a smile. He returns the small smile. He was not one to boast about himself and his new abilities would be no different. He quested and succeeded, resulting in a change that would allow him to better protect Tephra, those he cared about, and all those who were innocent. His deep, blue eyes observed the worry reflected in her eyes. I am good. I went to the mountain and found what I was looking for. he said simply. I was in the field looking for Tehran's when I noticed a Loessian recruiting for Taiga. Do you know Wolfbane?

There was a chance, Jakub knew, that Leliana already knew of the change in regime. Her magic was still beyond his understanding, but if she didn't it was his duty to inform her.

He cocked his head at her while he waited for a reply. His bovine tail swatted at the bugs that swarmed his legs.

JAKUB

@[Leliana]

There are many avenues of action afforded to Leliana with her gifts. She has insights that she could choose to take advantage of—keeping her finger on the pulse of the kingdoms around them. She has the ability to invade privacies and breach walls and ensure there is nothing that occurs within Beqanna that she does not know about. But that has never been what lies in Leliana’s heart. she has a deep respect for boundaries and an unsettling discomfort with the idea of spying—even when it would have suited her.

She does not keep tabs on Castile and Loess.

She does not look into the goings on of other kingdoms.

So she has no idea that Taiga has changed hands, let alone that it was perhaps not a joyful transition. She does, however, know the name—and she knows the face of the man who had been among those leading the charge in the war against Tephra. No rage crosses her features though. Instead she merely angles her head, watching him with a curious expression, her ears tilted forward and her mouth calm.

“I know of him,” she merely offers, thinking about what it would mean for Loess to be recruiting for a land that lives under Nerine protection. Leliana has no great mind for politics and the scheming of others, although she has had to level up quickly with a kingdom at her back, and she thinks quietly next to him.

@[Jakub]

He watches her think for a moment, if she knew him than she must know how heartless and dangerous he is. Of course he did not know all of who Wolfabane was but with Wolfbane's name the only image he can seem to associate with him is a coward rushing the beach to take innocent lives in a war the innocent did not start. He now holds leadership in Taiga, and I have a feeling Aten did not offer it up to him
    willingly.

Jakub starts to move slightly away from Leliana staring out at the beach where all of the memories come rushing back. Loess has their hooves in Sylva and Taiga, that can't just be a coincidence. And even if it is, that can't mean anything good for Tephra or Beqanna. Jakub blew a breath of hot air from his nose dipping his head slightly and pawing momentarily at the ground in frustration.

I know you will do everything in your power to protect Tephra. he said swinging his large head around to face Leliana, his dark blues looked intently at her. and so will I. I don't believe you will take this information lightly, but I hope you do not believe Loess or any who are loyal to Loess to be so forgiving.

JAKUB

@[Leliana]

Leliana feels a sense of failure as she looks at him, knowing just how much he has suffered from a war that she had her fair share of responsibility in starting. Her heart hurts knowing how young he had been when their beaches had been stormed, when the Loessian army had descended on them with fire at the back of their throats and destruction on their hearts. He had been attacked and he would forever bear the scars of that, whether on his heart or on his back; that war would forever change Jakub.

She listens to him work through his thoughts and just nods, her face solemn as her attention turns with him toward the beach, the turquoise water washing up on the shores. “I will always do what I can to protect this land,” she affirms, wishing that she could promise that no harm would ever befall it. But how could she possibly make such a promise when she herself had been the cause of some of it before?

Still, she tries to soften the edge of his concern. “I understand Loess,” she starts. “I know the danger that can brew in a place like that, and I know that I bear responsibility for stirring the viper’s nest.” She does not regret drawing the line in the sand that day—does not regret standing up to them and demanding that they change their course—but she regrets her execution. She regrets how quickly it had spiraled.

“I have told Castile that I will not start another war with them, but I will certainly not stand down should they try to bring one to us.” There is a steel beneath the velvet of her voice. “That extends to any of their allies, which I imagine that Taiga will be should Wolfbane now be at the helm of it.”

She sighs and if she could, she would pinch the bridge of her nose.

Instead she just ruffles her wings, knowing she could no longer put off a visit.

“I have been meaning to go to Nerine, the kingdom over Taiga. I suppose I should go soon.”

@[Jakub]