• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh, my siren won't you call; any
    She could hear the mischeviousness in Popinjay's voice as she pushed her forehead behind her shoulder talking of next time's and she shook her head slightly in response as her attention proceeded to Aten and the stranger as they talk.

Owin shoves his way between his mothers legs after exchanging glances with Popinjay and now he was curious of the stranger as well. His brown muzzle pokes forward, his blue-purple eyes locking with that of the antler boy, searching his mind curiously as the adults talked. Before long he maneuvered his blue-golden body out infront of Lethy to look at his mom and Aten. He's okay, the worst thing he's done is forget just exactly what he was suppose to do here on his visit. He wont hurt anyone. he squeaks up at the adults before craning his neck around  to look at the boy with cocked ears and a smile.

With that Lethy raises an eyebrow looking at her son and then to Popinjay, Well, then if that is the case why don't we let Aten take care of political matters first and then maybe he and Aegea can join us in the meadow later for stories and maybe a show. I am sure the other children would enjoy that as well, don't you think Popinjay? she asked as she started to usher the two away from the other two and towards the center of Taiga. Let's go find Lepis and let her know. she said turning back, It was nice to meet you Aegean, hope to see you soon.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[aegea ] @[Popinjay]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

The group was certainly larger than he had ever anticipated meeting him, but he finds that he doesn’t mind it. Rather, he smiles low and easy, watching as the group interacts as family. They each play their own part, he thinks, wondering at the stern but gentle Aten, the kind Lethy, mischevious Owin, and then boisterous Popinjay. It makes him wonder what he had been like as a child—what others must have seen when they came to the Cove and met the solemn, star-eyed son of the two Queens of the East.

Such things flood from him quickly though as he listens, mostly, to what the others are saying. There are bits and pieces that he misses in his daydreaming, but you wouldn’t know it by the polite expression that remains on his handsome face, his white ears pricked forward and his purple eyes roving between them.

Some of the conversation jogs his memory though and he grins, pleased with himself.

“Kensa wished for me to convey our warm greetings to its new leadership,” he echoes, feeling the words that are not his own fall from his lips. They sound right enough though so he doesn’t fight them. Instead he looks toward Aten. “I don’t need information outside of that. It was simply a friendly visit.” He pauses, remembering himself, “Although I suppose perhaps you have questions for me about Hyaline?”

Not that he would have any source of information from which to draw.

But it seemed rude to at least not offer.

For a second, his gaze slips toward the first girl to meet him and he studies her with that intense focus of his before looking to the mother and son duo. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both too. I would be more than happy to join you later for stories. I do love them.” In reaction, he quickly weaves together the illusion of a butterfly made from golden light that flutters forward and lands on the filly’s nose before flying upward.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Popinjay] - I think you're next!
    The antlered stallion consumes her attention, something about him more fantastical than the other horses around her, something about his manner and the dreaming purple eyes that reaches out and plucks at her. Popinjay is not these things, she is not delicate and somber and beautiful, and she has not seen anyone like him before. She wants to touch him, on purpose, not because she is lurching and blind, and so when, instead, Lethy makes to usher her away, she balks, thrusting her hooves ahead of her so the tips break the soil underneath and brace against the golden mare’s greater weight. It’s a useless ploy, as Lethy walks forward Popinjay’s back legs are lifted off the ground for a moment until she is forced to jump forward with a snort.

Aten’s words don’t comfort her, and she, childishly, perhaps, is unconcerned about whether the other Taigan youth would enjoy a magic show later. A tantrum is brewing, raw in her throat, and she spins around, facing Lethy with pinned ears and flashing eyes, a petulant frown emblazoned on her face. It lasts a second, half a second, because as soon as it begins she is startled out of it by a golden butterfly landing on her nose, trailing a shimmering, gold, dust made of light. Her mood shifts as abruptly as before, nose lifting as the ever so slightly translucent insect drifts deftly away into the air, and she rears up as though to follow it, forelegs tucked tight and walking, goat-like, on her hind legs until it is gone.

Her anger is forgotten, but Popinjay comes to earth again with a duck and a spin, charging around Lethy and Owin, skirting past Aten, her small hooves kicking up mulch and seed-cones until she is again beside Aegean, before him, thrusting the black of her muzzle towards him with a high nicker, then a squeal, and she, too, is gone, racing away ahead of Lethy and Owin.

Popinjay
    She was not quite what you would call refined

Nobody mind popinjay who is running away so she can go level up into a yearling XD
    Aten was a bit perplexed that this stallion seemed intent on stating his purpose to visit was simply on behalf of Kensa, who wished to check on Taiga's current state of development. Those who had visited before usually wished to know more, even if it were simple things, such as who were next in the rankings of Taiga's residents, or, more dangerous, if the rulers had any 'plans' for the coming future.

Of course, Aten never revealed anything if he thought the kingdom's future would be at stake, and that wouldn't change now. He stared in silence at Aegean for a moment, his eyes searching and calm, before letting a sigh blow out of his nostrils.

"Well then, I apologize if my appearance was aggressive in any manner," Aten said. "I haven't encountered many situations like this before. I thank Kensa for wishing to check on Taiga's well being, and I ask that you convey that message to her so she knows you fulfilled your task and that her request has a good answer.

"If you are willing to share information in turn about Hyaline, such as those Kensa has chosen to lead the castes of the kingdom, I will much appreciate the knowledge you choose to bestow on me. I will not ask for more than you are willing to give however; such would make me a poor recipient to your visit."

Before Aegean could begin however, it seemed they would lose some members of their party. With the encouragement that Aegean and Aten could join them for stories later, Lethia herded her son and daughter away from the two stallions and off into Taiga's forests again. Aten smiled at her in farewell with the promise that he would find her again later before his eyes met Aegean's once again, patiently waiting for the white stallion to answer his inquiry.

@[aegean]
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean does not realize just how unlike other visitors he must be like.

He has never stopped to think about his otherness, never worried that others may find him strange or different. He so little considers himself of this world anyway that it has never bothered him whether others thought him normal and so the fact that he comes simply to say hello does not strike him as odd.

He has no ulterior motives or things he wishes to find out.

He is just content to meet them.

As the girl runs toward him, squealing and then dancing away, he indulges her with a calm smile, the ripples atop his still waters never being disturbed. When she leaves with the others, he realizes that it is just him and the golden stallion and although the silence around them is in stark difference to the loudness that had just been there, he does not look uncomfortable. Instead, his ears just tip forward curiously.

“I did not find you aggressive,” his silver bell voice is direct but never blunt—the honesty of it just a thing to be stated and not weaponized. “But I would be glad to pass along the message to Kensa.”

If he remembers it.

When he asks further, Aegean rolls a delicate shoulder. “I would be glad to tell you such things, if I knew them, but as far as I know, the only leader within in Hyaline is Kensa herself.” There is no apology on his face even though he has admitted to knowing so little about his own hime. No embarrassment.

“I would be happy to tell you anything you would like to know—so long as I actually know it.”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

Aten is glad to know that Aegean did not find his arrival and attitude hostile; that would help this situation since there was no tension between the two of them, even after Lethia and her foals left. Mares just seemed to have a calming effect on certain situations, particularly two testosterone-filled stallions. Not that there was any need to worry here, but things could change in a heartbeat.

"I appreciate you being willing to pass my message to Kensa, and please, fell free to return here if she has anything else to say. You are also more than welcome to stay here and rest after your journey. I am not in search of anything in particular that you might know about your home; whatever knowledge you are willing to share, I will welcome and keep as a private matter less you give me permission to allow anyone else to know."

OOC: Very much a filler post, but there is not much to say until Aegean decided to start sharing some info.