• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  these are the days i will remember; luath

this would be a fantastic place to put a future quote

The stranger steps back, a good first instinct really. Luath stands his ground, though, encouraged by the fact that the colt doesn’t actually flee. It bolsters his confidence, and he pricks his red ears forwards, hoping that at least his eyes don’t show his longing for the contact to continue. It would ruin any chance he has of playing it cool if they do. That’s one thing the ocean doesn’t have – an abundance of friends.

“I was born here,” he responds, a sweeping glance taking in the shores and the trees beyond, the only land-home he’s ever known. The water is different, the way it connects to all of the different shores; perhaps that’s why he is drawn to stay submerged more than walk on land. Or, maybe it’s because it’s easy to hide his predatory nature under the waves. Eating bunny rabbits and cute little birds doesn’t make him a lot of friends, but nobody can see him devouring the aquatic life. “What’s your name?”

He waits a moment, for a response, and then offers in an uncharacteristically hesitant manner: “I could, um, show you around. If you want.”

luath

@[kildare]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: these are the days i will remember; luath - by Luath - 08-24-2019, 09:23 PM