• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  these are the days i will remember; luath

Kildare continues to study the kelpie colt, from the brilliant red hue of his pricked ears to the marvelous array of the blues and red as they melt together to decorate Luath’s coat. Kildare doesn’t usually take notice of such things but he’d be blind to not be intrigued by whatever spectacular creature Luath is. It piques the boy interest further what other unknown and whimsical creatures dwell from the ocean below.

The other colt speaks again and casts a look that encompasses the entire beach and the trees beyond it. Kildare’s green eyes follow and he turns his head away from Luath to take in the view. How vastly different this place was from where he had been born, his snow-peaked and jagged mountains. All that open sky.

But the air here is sweet in its way. (The salt that tangs it is something that he will have to get used too but Kildare is finding easier to ignore it the longer he is here.)

Luath asks him his name and Kildare returns his attention to the kelpie. ”Kildare,” and the colt dips his head to formalize the greeting. ”What about you?” The sound of the incoming tide causes an ear to flick in the direction of the waves but the colt keeps his concentration on Luath. How gawk-eyed he must seem to the beach native, he thinks. An image of doe-eyed Mina comes into his mind, all expectant silence and questions before he can chase the thought away.

”I’ve never seen a beach this.. big before,” he adds, though the excuse feels lame. ”The tide was low and I was able to walk here..” How pastoral he sounds, the boy from the mountains encountering the enormity of the ocean for the first time. Luath gives a tentative offer to show him around and Kildare tosses the idea around in his mind. ”Yea?” he broaches, not wanting to impose on his new seafaring companion. ”If you have a minute, that would be awesome.”

@[Luath]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: these are the days i will remember; luath - by kildare - 09-02-2019, 09:45 AM