• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Summer school 2019 - geography and music
    (to the tune of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Ov5jzm3j8)

The things his boredom has driven him to do.
    He’d hoped to learn, perhaps.
    He certainly had not realized that this would be part of the process.

He has never been much for singing. Or talking, even.
    Certainly he has never been one for performing. He grits his teeth as they are divided into groups.
    It is not embarrassment that courses through him so much as agitation, frustration at being put on the spot. For someone who has spent his entire life alone, it’s a tall order. The three of them, Aeolus, Lepis, and himself, choose their lands and set to work.

When they are done, the three of them gather at the front of the classroom to perform their piece. There is some small part of him that delights in how easily he fit into the fold of things, how easy it had been for him to include himself in a group project. Perhaps this is merely something else for him to learn.

The three of them sing together:
    <b>”Oh, oh-oh,
    oh,”</b>

They each suck in a sharp breath and then continue in unison:
    <b>”Yeah, I'm gonna take myself to an eastern land
    I'm gonna run 'til I can't no more
    I'm gonna take myself to an eastern land
    I'm gonna run 'til I can't no more “</b>

And then Aeolus and Lepis fade out, leaving him to sing on his own. He sings with his eyes closed:
    <b>”In the earth there is a crack
    Where the river cuts a path
    Careful, don't lose track
    The wind blows hard and fast
    Livin' in a gorge, ha
    The land there has a force
    Don't you dilly dally
    Only Carnage would endorse, now.”</b>

He is quiet then, opening his mouth only to assist in the choruses between the remaining two verses.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Summer school 2019 - geography and music - by bethlehem - 08-13-2019, 02:23 PM