• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any
    The feeling of no longer being alone was short, quickly replaced by undeniable proof when a miniature tidal wave washed over her, obscuring her vision. Blinking away droplets of the sea, she smiled openly at the blue and white winged figure as it popped to the surface like a bubble. 

"Vita!" She whinnied, thinking it was her new young friend come to call. That thought was immediately dashed as the water cleared from her vision, and a very non-girlish voice emerged from the sputtering horse. Her smile faded slightly as warmth crept up her neck. "Not Vita." She muttered behind her teeth, trying not to giggle while he regained his bearings. 

Her commitment to not laugh evaporated as he started talking. "Much better than I could have done, I'm sure." She chuckled lightly, nodding to her wingless shoulders. "Practice it a bit more and you've got a very good chance of impressing me." Her grin was directed mostly at the rippling water beneath her nose, but it was broad. Until he asked if she was a kelpie. As if! 

Her head tossed proudly, throwing a scattering of water into the air. "Haven't you ever seen a nereid before?" She asked, dismayed. "Kelpies are mainly fresh water dwellers. They're sharp toothed tricksters. Nereids, we're salt water creatures, and peaceful, mostly. We have better control over the water, too." She described, somewhat biased. Just for fun, the sea mare decided to throw in a little demonstration. 

Smiling with one brow crooked, she focused on the rhythm of the water all around her, grabbing onto the flow of it and bending it to her will. Arcs of salt water geysered up from the surf, one after another, until a clear bubble of water curved over their heads. Sunlight filtered in rippling rays to land on them, and the sounds of the day grew muted from beyond her creation. 

She held it just for a few seconds, just long enough, and then let the whole thing come splashing down on them. She laughed at herself, shining with her mane slicked down her neck and shoulder. "Now that was exactly how I pictured it in my head!" She exclaimed once the water had mostly calmed again. 

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any - by Aquaria - 08-10-2019, 02:02 PM