• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any
    She is enchanting, and if Pteron had made any effort to tear his eyes from her, he thinks that he mgiht find that an impossible task. Her coat – no, her scales, he realizes – remind him of the oyster hearts that make up the grey shore of Taiga, gleaming and smooth. Pteron wants to feel them, to know if they are as sleek as the inner shells; he wants a great many things when it comes to the Nereid. He is neither agile nor especially mobile here in the sea, but he manages to bob a little closer as she tels him that with practice he might impress her.

He intends to practice a thousand times a day.

His query into her kelpie nature seems to have sparked disdain, and she explains the difference between her kind and the kelpies. Having never seen either a nerieid nor a kelpie Pteron is still not certain he understands the difference, but he does not have time to ask. His attention is caught by her mention of better control of the water and the subsequent demonstration pulls his entranced gaze upwards. He watches, delgihted, as the bubble encloses them, and then laughs as he splutters water from his face for the second time in as many minutes.

“I suppose I should be glad that you won’t drag me down to the bottom of the sea,” He tells the violet-eyed mare, referring to the fact that she is not a murderous kelpie. “But I’m not entirely sure that you couldn’t drown me up here on the surface either, if you put your mind to it.” Despite the topic, his smile remains, and there is amusement in his voice

“I’m Pteron, by the way.” A delayed introduction, but at least he remembered. “What can I call you?”

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any - by Pteron - 08-11-2019, 07:58 AM