• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The things we leave behind ((Aquaria))

-Adria-

Neither Adria nor Sande heard what Aquaria had said at first, but the moment her mouth popped open and bubbles floated out, Adria knew that she and her daughter weren’t alone anymore. The little carbon-filled sphere's journey up to the surface left a tension that Adria could feel in the soft currents underwater, since she’d been spending her time learning the distinct patterns of this particular ocean with her magic. Her vermillion head turned sharply, aimed at the source rising from the seabed a few meters away. The culprit, a pearlescent gray mare, hovered in Adria’s line of sight before asking The Dame a question.

“That baby,” Adria replied dryly, kicking off from the ocean floor without disturbing any sand, “is named Sande and yes, fanmi mwen, she’s mine.” The elder Nereid informed Aquaria, floating eerily. Her bright yellow eyes could hardly be seen from between her narrowed lids, and the undulating curtain of her hair was spread out behind Adria in all directions.

For a moment she looked mythically dark; entirely capable of summoning the wrath of a hundred thousand oceans…

…and then her stormy expression burst apart into a wide, mischievous smile.

“And don’t call me ‘lady’, Aquaria. Ou son tankou manman, so rough when you speak!” Her elder sister dissolved into a cascade of her own bubbling laughter. Sande was hovering above them, a dark little shadow curiously making out the two horses swimming under her. “You may have gotten older but I would know those fins and that attitude anywhere.” Adria sighed, tilting her head, Byenveni lakay, little sibling.”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    The things we leave behind ((Aquaria)) - by Adria - 08-12-2019, 06:20 PM
    RE: The things we leave behind ((Aquaria)) - by Adria - 08-18-2019, 04:49 PM