• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The things we leave behind ((Aquaria))
    The milky sea mare regretted her tone pretty much immediately. Being confronted by a glowering entity of the deep will do that. The speckled frill of Aquaria's mane flared defensively, her own current of water rippling protectively around her. Rule number one of survival: never get in between a mother and her baby. Her ears fell flat against her skull as the stormy mare approached, some recognition nagging at the back of her mind. 

It took the oncoming mare's sudden break in advance for her to realize what had been digging into her subconscious. Her crest laid flat against her neck in surprise. "Adria?" It couldn't be. Her sister wasn't red. Was she? Let alone having a baby. But no, that was her sister's voice, and her face, even if it was painted differently. And their own mama had walked on water as a child. 

"Kisa ki te pase? You have a baby? And you're red! And," she paused to laugh, "You rule here! You've been busy." Midnight eyes sparkling, the scaled girl swam to get sister's side, doing a full circle around the older nereid before settling beside her. "Mamman is going to kill you when she finds out you had a baby and didn't tell her." A wicked grin flicked over her lips as she nodded upward. 

The grin fell into a more thoughtful look. "You'd let me stay, then? I'll help out wherever I can." She smiled again, more gently. She'd missed her sibling terribly over the years. It wa a shame their family had gotten so dispersed. Still, the bonds remained.

@[Adria]

Messages In This Thread
    The things we leave behind ((Aquaria)) - by Adria - 08-12-2019, 06:20 PM
    RE: The things we leave behind ((Aquaria)) - by Aquaria - 08-19-2019, 08:44 AM