• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The things we leave behind ((Aquaria))

-Adria-

Each mare Adria happened across on Ischia had been captivatingly alluring, beautifully unqiue and lovely specimens that washed up on her shore and sat like jewels in her island coven. But Aquaria, her youngest sibling, was perhaps the most lovely of the Nereid she’d ever seen. Both her skin and scales glinted like pearls, their rainbows of light dancing over her sister’s flared tail and fins. Aquaria was built to live underwater and she did that with every bit of liquid grace her powers could afford.

It was thrilling to see her sister grown; Adria thrilled even more when her name passed through the water like a warbling echo. “Of course you may stay! You’re not getting away from me so easily now that I’ve found your hiding place, Akwaryòm.” The Dame threatened with a playful current of rolling water. The years between their last meeting fell away; it seemed appropriate to tease her little sister with the horrible nickname of their youth.

Okipe anpil! She sighed, twirling through the water to turn and look at the other Nereid. What basic common tongue she knew filtered out, replaced by the steady, rolling sound of their shared language. Adria reasoned it easier to have a fast-flowing conversation when her tongue wasn’t tripping over pronunciation. “Mother? Have you seen her recently? Because I haven’t.” The islander mare told her sister. Above them Sande stomped impatiently on the surface water.

“I’ve turned this loud shade of pink, had three foals thank you very much, and built a proper home all without seeing Nyxa or Hod once.” Adria huffed, looking up and summoning a bit of power. The ocean surged and rose over Sande, crashing into itself to form a neat dome before the leader of Ischia plucked her daughter down to the depths inside a sturdy little bubble. “That’s why I’m so freaked out to see you!”

Through her curved window of clear water, Sande peeped at her dam and the floating fin-mare, perking her ears. A few cichlid fish and one skate from the surface sank down, hovering in neat circles above the water-cage to keep an eye on their chatty little friend.

“I thought you’d all disappeared and left me behind… ”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    The things we leave behind ((Aquaria)) - by Adria - 08-12-2019, 06:20 PM
    RE: The things we leave behind ((Aquaria)) - by Adria - 08-25-2019, 05:02 PM