• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any
    Aten had a lot of things on his mind since his recent conversations with both Wolfbane and Lepis, and it was... a game changer, so to speak. He had taken some time to go off and think on his own while awaiting his orders, his mind racing.

To ensure his privacy, the stallion made his way to one of the small glens hidden deep within Taiga's redwoods, settling in to graze and allowing his thoughts to wander. He eventually laid down and rolled around a few times, getting on both sides of his body and turning over to help stretch out his back muscles. It had been a while since he relaxed like this, even such a meaningless activity, and it served to not only relieve the stallion's aching muscles but also to help release the negative tension that had been building ever since he met with his fellow protector and the Queen.

He had a lot to think about, but it seemed another matter needed his attention. Turul's voice cut into the stallion's thoughts, informing him that he spotted Lethia and Owin tailing after a stranger on Taiga's southern side. Aten's interest was piqued, and even though it didn't seem to be a dangerous situation based on Turul's assessment, he decided to go check things out.

Galloping out of the glen, Aten's strides propelled him over the meadow grass and through the redwoods like a ghost through the early morning fog. It was easy to spot the dun colored mare he cared very deeply for next to her colt of identical coloring, and it took a moment to spot her against the redwoods, but eventually, he spotted the other mare as well.

Lethia greeted the stranger in a friendly manner, something that made Aten happy and proud of her. He wanted to go see what was going on, but decided to hang back a moment. He wanted to see how this would unfold, how Lethia would handle the situation without some horse hanging over her shoulder. Turul landed in a tree above the stallion's head, confirming his presence by alerting his friend, and Aten glanced up quickly to nod before looking back to the mares.

He could only hope that Owin wouldn't say anything, for Aten now knew of the colt's special gift. He hoped the colt understood...

Otherwise, who knows what Lethia might start thinking if Aten appeared every time she decided to go meet a stranger first.

@[lilliana] @[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any - by Aten - 08-12-2019, 11:40 PM