• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any
    Perhaps she should be longing for an open sky. 

It hadn't crossed her mind yet to find a place where she might find a place to view the stars when the midnight brushstrokes of the evening would come calling. Maybe when her mind has cleared and Taiga doesn't seem so overwhelming, she will find a place to thank Orani's beloved stars and to send her thanks where they might stand a chance of reaching the blue roan mare. It's an outlandish, wild thought but then far weirder things have happened in Lilli's life.

The little patch of sky she has found, where she sends her heartfelt gratitude heavenward, is enough for now. The blue is vibrant and encouraging, already holding all the charm of a summer day. The smile that graces her crimson mouth is soft, still new on her face as Lilli stares searchingly through the canvas of leaves to the firmament above. So intense is her gaze and her scrutiny of the heavens above that she doesn't notice the mare and foal until she hears Owin's eager nicker. An ear swivels in their direction and Lilliana tears her silver-blue eyes to greet the pair. Her gaze warms as it moves from mother and child and Lilli takes a step forward, dipping her head to address them.

"It's hard not too. The trees seem more massive each time I see them," she muses. While Lilli responds to the mother, she somehow misses the son and the sensation of touch at her shoulder sends her looking down. Her expression changes slightly - it softens to the little boy's curiosity. "Hello Owin," she murmurs as her head dips lower better to address him. For a moment, blue eyes flash up at she glances back to his mother. "And Lethy?" she asks as to affirm everything the colt has told her. "You can call me Lilli," comes out with the beginning of smile that only pauses at the mention of Orani's name, something she hasn't heard out loud in many months. 

She stares, confused and wondering how this little boy knew her friend's name. The stars maybe? A message to follow suit on the wings of her dream? Her mind reels through the millions of possibilities as to how he knows about Orani. There is nothing malicious in his question so Lilli decides to give him the truth. Her smile beckons, letting the colt in on a secret. "Orani is my friend. She's a dream walker and she sent me a dream last night so I was thanking her." The sound of approaching hoofbeats breaks the spell of words between the crimson girl and her new friend. Her head rises and Lilli looks to Lethy first, trying to see if there is any recognition on the other mare's face before she addresses the stallion.

@[Izora Lethia] @[Aten]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any - by lilliana - 08-17-2019, 11:22 PM