• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any
    Nature could sure be a hard force to bargain with, not that Aten had ever tried. The golden stallion had secretly prayed that, in addition to Owin not using his gift to inform the two mares of Aten's presence, the wind would be on his side and not give away his scent to either Lethia or the stranger's keen sense of smell.

Unfortunately, it was the stranger's head going up that told Aten he had been discovered, even if neither mare looked his way yet. Subtle signs that were signals of an equine's instinct was all Aten needed to see he had no need to hide anymore. He couldn't hear what the mares were saying from here, or Owin for that matter, but Aten smiled when the colt broke from Lethia's side and investigating a tree frog he had sensed nearby. The colt's curiosity was insatiable and entertaining, something that Aten found brought a spark of joy into his life.

Lethia seemed to chuckle as well before addressing the chestnut mare kindly, saying something else before moving to stand and walk beside her as an equal. Aten decided to at least come out and greet them before handing the matter off to Lethia if it seemed she had everything under control.

He approached the two mares with a calm cadence to his gait, his lips curled back in a friendly smile. He observed the chestnut mare a moment, with her bright amber coat, her three sock markings, and her brilliant blue eyes that stood out against her beautiful features like a black horse against the winter snow.

"My apologies for intruding ladies," he began, walking up to Lethia first, "I had meant to be in passing, but my friend informed me of a new arrival and I came to investigate. Though, I seem to think he intends on telling me every time whether or not you have the situation under control," he joked with the creamy buckskin mare, running his proud muzzle along her neck and cheek.

"May I ask the name of the stranger who has come to Taiga?" Since he hadn't heard the mare introduce herself to Lethia, this seemed like a fair question to ask.

@[lilliana] @[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any - by Aten - 08-19-2019, 12:13 AM