• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any
    If she was capable of blushing, she would. Lethy's kind words cause her eyes to avert elsewhere, to look at the base of one of Taiga's Redwoods. It is a brief glance and doesn't take her long to turn her attention to the colt at the mare's side. His face is lovely in youthful excitement and Lilli can feel her own smile grow, lighting up just for Owin. He keeps speaking, mentioning the lines of thought that had been inside her head only a moment before. It is then that she understands - he is reading her mind. Her gaze is quizzical until he becomes shy and Lilli laughs gently, giving a slight shake to her crimson head. 

Her blue eyes sparkle and she looks to the little boy, keen to share another secret. 

"Did you know they could?" she asks, inviting him into a whole new realm of possibilities. "I'm told that the stars are where our dreams go when we no longer remember them. They keep them safe for us," she adds. Blue eyes glance up momentarily to meet Lethy's eyes, coming warm and hopeful to the other mare. And then Lilli glances down again, softening to Owin's admission. "That sounds like a lovely gift, Owin," she says. "How lucky you are to have a father who would share it with you." Kindly she adds, "I'm sure you will learn them. All it takes is practice." With that, she winks playfully to the colt and lifts her head, ready to respond to his mother.

"Not long," Lilli says carefully. With a growing smile, she replies. "They just seem so impossibly big."

The years that it must take to become such a sheer size seem almost overwhelming.

But beneath the woods that grow to imperial sizes, Lilli finds herself becoming at ease with her new herd mates. Owin is enthralling in the way that all young children are to Lilliana, hopes and dreams and experiences yet to be had. Lethy is kind and considerate and the chestnut mare is grateful that she is among one of the first acquaintances she has made here. She is about to tell her so when the stallion that she thought she had spied among the trees approaches and Lilliana rocks back slightly, glancing towards Lethy as he makes his way toward her first. Aten greets Lethy in a way that tells her they have done this before, that they are comfortable and know each other well. Her blue eyes drop and she offers them the courtesy of privacy for a moment as she looks away.

She hides beneath her crimson forelock and spies Owin. Lilli shares another smile with him until the golden stallion directs the conversation back to her. The mare lifts her head and can't help herself. "I think stranger has a nice ring to it." Her smile broadens, brightening until she gives him what he asks for: "Lilliana."

@[Izora Lethia] @[Aten]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any - by lilliana - 08-19-2019, 06:41 PM